+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    And they worked on oline in FA, now its time for a gamebreaking receiver and we know it which is why were supposedly trying to trade up for Evans and it only makes sense to get a TE that can help out our oline in the second
    I wouldnt be annoyed at all if the drafted Evans and personally I am counting on the FA olinmen signings but they cant be 100% confident in the oline as it is at the moment.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    The Giants have Schwartz and Pugh as quality starters, that's it.

Snee is way over the hill. Lucky if we get 6 games out of him this year.
    Beatty broken leg may not be ready, and was awful when healthy last year.
    Walton had three quality NFL games before breaking his ankle.
    Charles Brown is awful.
    Jerry can't run block.
    Brewer and Reynolds will probably be cut.
    Mosley may be decent.
    Herman, Baker, and Goodin are longshots.
    That's a pretty good run down of where we're at and it ain't pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    That's a pretty good run down of where we're at and it ain't pretty!
    Yea. Some people here have it backwards. They are over estimating the "new" OL and under estimating the current receiver group.

Banned
    Yea. Some people here have it backwards. They are over estimating the "new" OL and under estimating the current receiver group.
    Yeah you've proven so well in this thread that you have a vast amount of football knowledge and you're certainly not the one who has it backwards. There's no possible way you could be wrong.

Happy for you that you could find one lost soul who agrees with you though (another who has demonstrated his vast football knowledge in the past lol) and btw I don't expect our line to be spectacular but with a new center thrown in the mix I expect them to be serviceable, our receivers right now look like flat out poop (they were ATTROCIOUS last year and weve done nothing except lose nicks) but for arguments sake lets say they're average. I'd rather have a group of game breaking wideouts and an slightly sub par Oline than the other way around (not that we're gonna have a top teir Oline no matter what we do at this point) again see 2012

Oh I forgot mr 600 yds, 6 tds, 8 picks, and god knows how many drops.. is the second coming lol duh how can I not consider his legend solidified with those gaudy numbers, and you know you've still yet to back your arguments with anything you've SEEN from him, which leads me to question your true knowledge of football and classify you as a stat nerd who's never played the game

If youre gonna stroke him all day long atleast detail some of the things you think he does well, as opposed to just repeating "but 600yds and 6tds!!!" as if that means anything at all
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Yeah you've proven so well in this thread that you have a vast amount of football knowledge and you're certainly not the one who has it backwards. There's no possible way you could be wrong.

Happy for you that you could find one lost soul who agrees with you though (another who has demonstrated his vast football knowledge in the past lol) and btw I don't expect our line to be spectacular but with a new center thrown in the mix I expect them to be serviceable, our receivers right now look like flat out poop (they were ATTROCIOUS last year and weve done nothing except lose nicks) but for arguments sake lets say they're average. I'd rather have a group of game breaking wideouts and an slightly sub par Oline than the other way around (not that we're gonna have a top teir Oline no matter what we do at this point) again see 2012

Oh I forgot mr 600 yds, 6 tds, 8 picks, and god knows how many drops.. is the second coming lol duh how can I not consider his legend solidified with those gaudy numbers, and you know you've still yet to back your arguments with anything you've SEEN from him, which leads me to question your true knowledge of football and classify you as a stat nerd who's never played the game

If youre gonna stroke him all day long atleast detail some of the things you think he does well, as opposed to just repeating "but 600yds and 6tds!!!" as if that means anything at all
    Can you try to have a conversation without resorting to "stat nerd". You have so many holes in your argument you don't even realize. And multiple people here agree with me.

There have been plenty of teams with good OL's and mediocre receiver groups that have won super bowls. That's easy for you to verify.

And you actually believe rumors that the Giants will trade up for Evans? That's hilarious! That is not the Giants MO, and with the many weaknesses on this Giants team they should trade down and get an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. Trading up and giving up a 2nd/3rd rounder for Evans is foolish and no way happens.

Banned
    Can you try to have a conversation without resorting to "stat nerd". You have so many holes in your argument you don't even realize. And multiple people here agree with me.

There have been plenty of teams with good OL's and mediocre receiver groups that have won super bowls. That's easy for you to verify.

And you actually believe rumors that the Giants will trade up for Evans? That's hilarious! That is not the Giants MO, and with the many weaknesses on this Giants team they should trade down and get an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. Trading up and giving up a 2nd/3rd rounder for Evans is foolish and no way happens.
    Pick one hole in my argument, just one, and can you demonstrate some actual football knowledge and prove you're not a stat nerd? Cause when you just keep spewing out numbers that mean jack **** without one mention of anything else you really seem like one and pleas give me some more insight as to how our front office operates, seriously I'd love to know and you must be employed by them if you can say with such certainy that they will under no circumstance move up to get the guy they feel can instantly and dramatically change their team. Never seen the giants do that before

And you're still the only person I've seen who has called getting Evans/Niklas in the first 2 rounds a "waste" I bet atleast 80% of these boards would sign up for that in a heartbeat, if anything it may be wishful thinking on my part, do you even realize the impact each of them would have on our passing AND running game? But I'm guessing you didn't take into account a WR and a TE who can block will go a long way in compensating for a sub par Oline (sorry bro that's the best were gonna get, idk what you think we can turn our Oline into over night)
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Pick one hole in my argument, just one, and can you demonstrate some actual football knowledge and prove you're not a stat nerd? Cause when you just keep spewing out numbers that mean jack **** you really seem like one and pleas give me some more insight as to how our front office operates, seriously I'd love to know and you must be employed by them if you can say with such certainy that they will under no circumstance move up to get the guy they feel can instantly and dramatically change their team. Never seen the giants do that before
    You routinely quote stats like drops and int's, yet you call me a stat nerd? And you criticize my football knowledge, and the only nugget you give from watching tape is criticizing RR's route running? Wow. Great insight!

Banned
    You routinely quote stats like drops and int's, yet you call me a stat nerd? And you criticize my football knowledge, and the only nugget you give from watching tape is criticizing RR's route running? Wow. Great insight!
    I notice you didn't deny it..

Don't forget about his awful concentration on the deep ball and inconsistent hands, other than that he doesn't have a whole lot of issues to pick apart, just those glaring ones. He has a good release, the nuggets to catch the ball in traffic (though he doesnt always do it) good athleticism with the speed to separate and the leaping ability to go get the ball, he has all the physical tools (which is why people like you fall in love with him) but he struggles with the mental aspects of the game and i fear its purely lack of intelligence and compitency. There, you still havnt picked 1 hole in any of my arguments (as you don't have one) you still havnt demonstrated any football knowledge, you still havnt even come up with one coherent and relevant rebuttal to anything I've said about randle and it appears as though your argument is really running out of steam

The stats you particulary stated, do not tell one bit of the story of the year randle had EXCEPT he actually underproduced (which you wouldn't know if you didn't watch or didn't have a thorough idea of what you're watching) given the all the opps he had, he probably left about 300 yards unhad cause he can't catch a deep ball (the best part of our QBs game) and I won't go into what his other deficiencies cost us cause we both already know
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 02:15 PM.

I notice you didn't deny it..

Don't forget about his awful concentration on the deep ball and inconsistent hands, other than that he doesn't have a whole lot of issues to pick apart, just those glaring ones. He has a good release, the nuggets to catch the ball in traffic (though he doesnt always do it) good athleticism with the speed to separate and the leaping ability to go get the ball, he has all the physical tools (which is why people like you fall in love with him) but he struggles with the mental aspects of the game and i fear its purely lack of intelligence and compitency. There, you still havnt picked 1 hole in any of my arguments (as you don't have one) you still havnt demonstrated any football knowledge, you still havnt even come up with one coherent and relevant rebuttal to anything I've said about randle and it appears as though your argument is really running out of steam

The stats you particulary stated, do not tell one bit of the story of the year randle had EXCEPT he actually underproduced (which you wouldn't know if you didn't watch or didn't have a thorough idea of what you're watching) given the all the opps he had, he probably left about 300 yards unhad cause he can't catch a deep ball (the best part of our QBs game) and I won't go into what his other deficiencies cost us cause we both already know
    What's clear to me is you do not understand the importance of the OL to the overall success of the offense. You made statements like Snee and Beatty aren't getting replaced, when the fact is Snee is over the hill and fragile, and Beatty is coming back from a major injury and even when healthy he was awful. You think Charles Brown is a good backup. You think drafting a center after round two will help this year. And YOU question MY football knowledge? Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Oline comes first. Plain and simple
    Football 101.