+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 138

Thread: Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    What's clear to me is you do not understand the importance of the OL to the overall success of the offense. You made statements like Snee and Beatty aren't getting replaced, when the fact is Snee is over the hill and fragile, and Beatty is coming back from a major injury and even when healthy he was awful. You think Charles Brown is a good backup. You think drafting a center after round two will help this year. And YOU question MY football knowledge? Too funny.
    I said Beatty isn't getting replaced (youre gonna bench his contract? i better get an answer on this, i know you like to dance around most of my points) and I said I have confidence in Snee to produce but I understand the convenience of trying to put words in my mouth to make your argument seem more convincing, I know full well the importance of a solid Oline, I used to play Oline. I'm just content with our Oline being solid (which I think it will be if we add just a little more depth and a center to compete with Walton) what you fail to realize is we have a QB who's best attribute is his deep ball and only one receiver who is a deep threat with NO BODY to draw coverage away from him, which was probably an even bigger reason for our failure last season than the Oline, we've seen Eli tear it up with a **** Oline before havnt we? In fact he won a SB with a scrub Oline, but what did he have? Game breaking WRs, you give that back to him and our offense is back on top and you can't argue that, cause its already been proven before SORRY

    Oh and I notice you didn't have one argument for my brief scouting report on randle just to remind you that's who we're talking about here
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 03:43 PM.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Football 101.
    Actually that's football 1920, I believe it was you who said you can win with average receivers.. you can't win with an average Oline? If that's what you think that you must have become a giants fan yesterday

    And you do realize drafting an olineman in the first is not gonna make us a top teir Oline right? And what would YOU like us to do about the C position? You keep telling me what a horrible idea I have to help solve it yet you've come up with nothing
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 03:42 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    I said Beatty isn't getting replaced (youre gonna bench his contract? i better get an answer on this, i know you like to dance around most of my points) and I said I have confidence in Snee to produce

    Beatty can absolutely be replaced if he plays like he played last year. There wasn't anyone better than him on the roster or he might have been benched last year.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 04-30-2014 at 03:45 PM.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Beatty can absolutely be replaced if he plays like he played last year. There wasn't anyone better than him on the roster or he might have been benched last year.
    When you cut out 90% of my argument I take that as you have nothing to say to it (didn't think you would) and yeah if he puts up another **** season THAN we can worry about replacing him (though its still gonna be difficult with his contract, and ive yet to hear mr front office insider explain how we would make that disappear) and not many teams having a starting caliber tackle just chillin on the bench you know and btw what if Beatty bounces back? I know that's one thing you never considered, now our 12th overall pick is on the bench in a year we really need our first rounder to have a major impact on the team and in that scenario if its a guy who can only play tackle there won't be an opening for him for years.. brilliant
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 03:55 PM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Beatty can absolutely be replaced if he plays like he played last year. There wasn't anyone better than him on the roster or he might have been benched last year.
    Beatty, if healthy will start this season. He didnt perform up to his contract, he should have been a veteran presence on the line, but IMO he was the biggest problem on the line. Up the middle we were horrible. Combine that w/ a small recieving TE, thats asked to block and a smallish RB thats asked to block you have the 2013 Giants and the bulk of the reason for our offensive woes. We won 2 superbowls w Mckenzie and Diehl at tackle, Beatty is better then either of them. We were able to get by with those 2 at tackle becuase we had a All pro in Snee and a solid, probowl caliber center and guard. Any pocket passer needs a Oline that keeps his feet clean. We upgrade, well atleast made changes to our interior line. We should need to accumluate some playmakers on offense to be able to compete for a championship again. Besides Cruz (who hasnt made as much noise since his 2011 season), where are we getting big plays... game changing plays from...... Mike Evans can be that guy... front what i've seen from Randle he can be a nice piece. Maybe he can exploit a matchup on any given week, but i doubt he will ever be a guy you game plan for.....
    My Mock 2015

    1. OL/DL
    2. OL/DL
    3. OL/DL
    4. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    5. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    6. TALENT
    7. TALENT

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    When you cut out 90% of my argument I take that as you have nothing to say to it (didn't think you would) and yeah if he puts up another **** season THAN we can worry about replacing him (though its still gonna be difficult with his contract, and ive yet to hear mr front office insider explain how we would make that disappear) and not many teams having a starting caliber tackle just chillin on the bench you know and btw what if Beatty bounces back? I know that's one thing you never considered, now our 12th overall pick is on the bench in a year we really need our first rounder to have a major impact on the team and in that scenario if its a guy who can only play tackle there won't be an opening for him for years.. brilliant
    Big salary players do get cut, even with the large cap hit. Desean Jackson's cut resulted in a 6 million cap hit this year.

    If the Giants pick an OT at #12, which I think they will, then Beatty may be cut next year if he plays like he did last year.

    And for 2014, Zach Martin can play OG or OT. That's not chilling on the bench.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattdoode View Post
    Beatty, if healthy will start this season. He didnt perform up to his contract, he should have been a veteran presence on the line, but IMO he was the biggest problem on the line. Up the middle we were horrible. Combine that w/ a small recieving TE, thats asked to block and a smallish RB thats asked to block you have the 2013 Giants and the bulk of the reason for our offensive woes. We won 2 superbowls w Mckenzie and Diehl at tackle, Beatty is better then either of them. We were able to get by with those 2 at tackle becuase we had a All pro in Snee and a solid, probowl caliber center and guard. Any pocket passer needs a Oline that keeps his feet clean. We upgrade, well atleast made changes to our interior line. We should need to accumluate some playmakers on offense to be able to compete for a championship again. Besides Cruz (who hasnt made as much noise since his 2011 season), where are we getting big plays... game changing plays from...... Mike Evans can be that guy... front what i've seen from Randle he can be a nice piece. Maybe he can exploit a matchup on any given week, but i doubt he will ever be a guy you game plan for.....
    I agree with most of this except the part about Diehl and McKenzie, they were beasts and both way better than Beatty, Diehl/Seubert/Ohara/Snee/McKenzie was one of the greatest olines I've ever seen

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Big salary players do get cut, even with the large cap hit. Desean Jackson's cut resulted in a 6 million cap hit this year.

    If the Giants pick an OT at #12, which I think they will, then Beatty may be cut next year if he plays like he did last year.

    And for 2014, Zach Martin can play OG or OT. That's not chilling on the bench.
    Still won't have the overall and immediate impact that Evans and Niklas/ASJ will, you add those 2 and our sub par oline wont even matter just like in 2012, you add zack Martin and it won't make that big a difference cause were still gonna have a line that's average at best, to win a SB you need elite groups on the team, not a bunch of average ones across the board.. Evans/Cruz/Randle and one of the TEs in the 2nd round will be an elite group of tragets and will get our QB back to playing at an elite level

    Ask Victor Cruz what he thinks
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 04:46 PM.

  9. #129
    Starter mercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ocean,NJ
    Posts
    403
    Eli is one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL. He has a strong arm which works out when his receivers are downfield and wide open. When he is throwing into coverage, he gets into trouble with over/under throws. He tends to lob a wobbly ball rather than throw at tight spiral. Where it lands is anyone's guess. Nicks used to be able to get under the ball and catch anything he could reach. When he injured his legs he couldn't get to the bad throws. Eli's accuracy has improved over the years, however he needs a qb coach who can work with him on his mechanics. When he is focused he managed to win 2 SBs. Even then a lot of credit belongs to the defense and his receivers. He has had a lot of good quality receivers over the course of his career and with his errant throws has gotten a lot of them injured.
    He used to be a good 4th quarter and 2 minute drill qb. This is when defenses tend to go to prevent defenses and back off on the blitzes. Opposing teams seem to have figured that out and put more pressure on Eli. Although he looks in control under pressure, his performance definitely suffers. It didn't help last year when his oline went south.

    I hope with McAdoo we see improvement in Eli with better mechanics, timing and focus. A quicker snap count would be a plus!

    Our receivers are only as good as the balls that are thrown to them. Not every receiver has Nicks' hands. I believe Randle is a good receiver for where he is used. He is not a downfield speedster. We could use one from the draft.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    I agree with most of this except the part about Diehl and McKenzie, they were beasts and both way better than Beatty, Diehl/Seubert/Ohara/Snee/McKenzie was one of the greatest olines I've ever seen
    We can agree to disagree on the point about Beatty vs. Diehl and Mckenzie. My main point is the focus of the oline needs to be on the interior at this point. And overall offensively we need to look at getting more talent as a whole, especially at the skill positions.......
    My Mock 2015

    1. OL/DL
    2. OL/DL
    3. OL/DL
    4. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    5. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    6. TALENT
    7. TALENT

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts