+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: Why is there no confidence in Rueben Randle?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Eli is one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL. He has a strong arm which works out when his receivers are downfield and wide open. When he is throwing into coverage, he gets into trouble with over/under throws. He tends to lob a wobbly ball rather than throw at tight spiral. Where it lands is anyone's guess. Nicks used to be able to get under the ball and catch anything he could reach. When he injured his legs he couldn't get to the bad throws. Eli's accuracy has improved over the years, however he needs a qb coach who can work with him on his mechanics. When he is focused he managed to win 2 SBs. Even then a lot of credit belongs to the defense and his receivers. He has had a lot of good quality receivers over the course of his career and with his errant throws has gotten a lot of them injured.
    He used to be a good 4th quarter and 2 minute drill qb. This is when defenses tend to go to prevent defenses and back off on the blitzes. Opposing teams seem to have figured that out and put more pressure on Eli. Although he looks in control under pressure, his performance definitely suffers. It didn't help last year when his oline went south.

    I hope with McAdoo we see improvement in Eli with better mechanics, timing and focus. A quicker snap count would be a plus!

    Our receivers are only as good as the balls that are thrown to them. Not every receiver has Nicks' hands. I believe Randle is a good receiver for where he is used. He is not a downfield speedster. We could use one from the draft.
    Not to turn this into an Eli thread but one of the most inaccurate in the league?? Are you kidding me? When he's on and actually has a team around him he's one of the more accurate qbs I've ever seen. Remember the back shoulder throws we used to work like it was our day job? That throw requires an incredible amount of accuracy and he was cash on that play routinely for a long time till defenses stopped respecting our deep ball cause our receivers can't catch it (idk why we always dialed up randle/nicks) Eli is still cash most of the time on the deep throw, the dimes he drops down there regularly are nothing short of amazing.

    And we have a speedy deep threat with Cruz (mcadoo will use him right) what we lacked last year was a guy to go up and get the ball in traffic, randle and nicks had plenty of opps on deep balls last year and they dropped what seemed like every. single. one. of them
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 04:39 PM.

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Eli is one of the most inaccurate passers in the NFL. He has a strong arm which works out when his receivers are downfield and wide open. When he is throwing into coverage, he gets into trouble with over/under throws. He tends to lob a wobbly ball rather than throw at tight spiral. Where it lands is anyone's guess. Nicks used to be able to get under the ball and catch anything he could reach. When he injured his legs he couldn't get to the bad throws. Eli's accuracy has improved over the years, however he needs a qb coach who can work with him on his mechanics. When he is focused he managed to win 2 SBs. Even then a lot of credit belongs to the defense and his receivers. He has had a lot of good quality receivers over the course of his career and with his errant throws has gotten a lot of them injured.
    He used to be a good 4th quarter and 2 minute drill qb. This is when defenses tend to go to prevent defenses and back off on the blitzes. Opposing teams seem to have figured that out and put more pressure on Eli. Although he looks in control under pressure, his performance definitely suffers. It didn't help last year when his oline went south.

    I hope with McAdoo we see improvement in Eli with better mechanics, timing and focus. A quicker snap count would be a plus!


    Our receivers are only as good as the balls that are thrown to them. Not every receiver has Nicks' hands. I believe Randle is a good receiver for where he is used. He is not a downfield speedster. We could use one from the draft.
    You sound like a Eli hater or someone who things that he is finshed!!!!
    My Mock 2015

    1. OL/DL
    2. OL/DL
    3. OL/DL
    4. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    5. OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER
    6. TALENT
    7. TALENT

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattdoode View Post
    We can agree to disagree on the point about Beatty vs. Diehl and Mckenzie. My main point is the focus of the oline needs to be on the interior at this point. And overall offensively we need to look at getting more talent as a whole, especially at the skill positions.......
    Our oline and our receiving groups were flat out awful last year, but so far we've done a lot more to help the oline this offseason than we have our receivers which is why I want 2 new targets for Eli in the first 2 rounds (2 guys who can block very well for their positions too, thus compensating for the oline that's not gonna be that good no matter what and will also help open up the playbook in the run game)
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-30-2014 at 04:47 PM.

  4. #134
    Rueben may excel in a new system. That read react made players over think their routes


    “Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don't laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions.”

    ELI-MINATED

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Rueben may excel in a new system. That read react made players over think their routes
    He will most definitely benefit from it, there's no doubt about that. To what extent idk, but I'm not willing to gamble him being our #1 on it

  6. #136
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Rueben may excel in a new system. That read react made players over think their routes
    Agreed.
    We shall see how he progresses in his third year.
    If it's the same mental errors/can't get separation issues..then...yeah.

    But HOPEFULLY our offense doesn't demand that he go deep on every play.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  7. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Not to turn this into an Eli thread but one of the most inaccurate in the league?? Are you kidding me? When he's on and actually has a team around him he's one of the more accurate qbs I've ever seen. Remember the back shoulder throws we used to work like it was our day job? That throw requires an incredible amount of accuracy and he was cash on that play routinely for a long time till defenses stopped respecting our deep ball cause our receivers can't catch it (idk why we always dialed up randle/nicks) Eli is still cash most of the time on the deep throw, the dimes he drops down there regularly are nothing short of amazing.

    And we have a speedy deep threat with Cruz (mcadoo will use him right) what we lacked last year was a guy to go up and get the ball in traffic, randle and nicks had plenty of opps on deep balls last year and they dropped what seemed like every. single. one. of them
    towards the end of the season, many respectable analysts started to remark more and more about how our WR's were not making standard plays that avg WR's even make. The notion was backed up with evidence as well, although I can't recall it off the top of my head. But basically, as you pointed out, Nicks was simply not making the plays expected of a NFL WR. And I can recount off the top of my head seemingly every game where there were examples of the WR getting his hands on a downfield pass, both hands, and not coming down with it. Nicks was especially frustrating in this regard but Randle, who I have and continue to back, also had his share of plays like this....

  8. #138
    Starter mercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ocean,NJ
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattdoode View Post
    You sound like a Eli hater or someone who things that he is finshed!!!!
    I do not hate Eli. I just beleive he needs better coaching. I hope under McAdoo who believes in a system designed to work to players strengths rather than vice versa they can correct his problems. My point was don't put all the blame on the receivers.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts