+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Call me crazy Martin but I think Manziel will be the next Tony Romo, without the mistakes and 4th Qtr meltdowns
    They play a very similar game
    You are crazy

Manziel will be Tebow 2.0, with slightly more success and a longer tenure in the NFL.

For me it's because he rarely if ever found much success vs the SEC 's top corners. He was invisible when matched up vs Bama's Cb's. Folks tried to say it was because he had a weak QB and with Eli he could blossom. I haven't seen that yet. Sure, he has had some production but nothing in the special category yet. Under The Doo he may come through as a # 2. Don't see him ever being a solid #1. Jerny out played him the last 3 games by a looonng shot! If the weak defense is the reason why some think Jerny showed out why didn't RR produce?

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I agree that Eli and the coach's confidence in Randle is more important that Cruz's but you must agree that is it a bad sign that he made those comments. Cruz has seen what Randle can bring since he was drafted and also what he brings to practice. From what has been portrayed by Cruz in the media, he seems like a team player and if he doesn't think the Giants are set at WR, their is probably a high probability that the Giants need more help at that position.
    My intent was not to cast aspersion upon Cruz. And I agree that by all we've seen so far the past season and this off season, Giants need to (and will, imo) add at least 1 more highly regarded WR prospect this Spring.

I was responding to your "If Cruz has no confidence in Randle, why should the rest of us?" Speaking for myself, I would be more concerned if Eli and/or coaches expressed lack of confidence in him by their words or actions (avoiding throwing to him when obviously open, or not playing him, for example). So far, I've seen or heard nothing that points to that lack of confidence in Randle by those most directly concerned.

I just think Cruz was pointing out the obvious (in response to a question, wasn't it?)--that the Giants currently do not have enough WRs to complete their 2014 roster--and way too much has been made of his remarks by some in regards to Randle. I certainly agree with that opinion (assuming I'm right about Cruz's comments), without thinking negatively about Randle's ability to produce for our team this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    You are crazy

Manziel will be Tebow 2.0, with slightly more success and a longer tenure in the NFL.
    Tebow 2.0 Ok lets remember your words.........how do you like your Crow broiled or fried?

I don't know what it is. We overrate and underrate players all the time. Maybe its the fact he doesn't seem to have a great rapport with Eli. Maybe it's the fact he body catches and reminds me too much of Toomer. Maybe it's the fact he does make a lot of plays yet it doesn't seem like he does. I don't know what it is.

Banned
    Most of these convoluted discussions revolve around players who just have not seen a lot of game time minutes

We marvel that tested veterans sometimes have droughts yet expect someone who hardly sees any game time does not have spectacular outings......when you think about it that is very unfair and ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Because it's really irrelevant how much confidence Cruz has in him. What is relevant is how much confidence Eli and the new OC (and receivers coach) have in Randle.
    That maybe true but most importantly its the confidence that Randle has in himself
    that would take him to the next level is most important.

I hold out to comment on his ability to take that next step. I would think this year will be
    a great year to evaluate what we have in Randel for the future. and then adjust accordingly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nassib View Post
    He's done some good things for us as a WR.
    I think its the fact that he disappeared and did nothing the last 5-6 weeks of the season. I still have confidence he can turn into a #1 wideout for us, but would be nice to draft a WR in the first couple rounds. I don't feel comfortable relying on Randle even tho I think he has the potential to be a really good WR for us. I get the feeling from the comments I read from the NYG is that he can work a little harder, become more of a pro.

I am confident in him playing well in this offense. To me the most glaring flaw in his game was not being on the same page as Eli in the complicated offense we had. I think he will be able to get his routes, run them and catch the ball very well.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    I am confident in him playing well in this offense. To me the most glaring flaw in his game was not being on the same page as Eli in the complicated offense we had. I think he will be able to get his routes, run them and catch the ball very well.
    I agree with you.. but not sure that "complicated" is the word I would use... both the West Coast and the "Run and Shoot/Streak and Read" offenses are complex. The primary difference is that there are a lot more changes after the snap by both QB and WR. IMO, those changes can break the back of a secondary... but can also be manipulated, or have disastrous results if the WR and QB don't read the same things. That's where so many miscommunications happened, in some cases RR made the wrong adjustment, but there were also some were Eli did. It isn't how complex the offense was, it was that there was so many variables that had to be right in order for it to work.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...