+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Mine would be drafting Rey Lewis over Cedric Jones in 1996 Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Mine would be drafting Rey Lewis over Cedric Jones in 1996 Draft.
    Wow, great one. I didn't know we had the option to do so back then. +100
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

I think alot of the bad stuff that happened led to us winning the Superbowl's we've won, if you really consider the butterfly effect of decisions its hard to really want to change anything.

Drafting Ron Dayne!!!

Super Bowl XXXV: choose to kick off to the Ravens instead of receiving to start the game

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    "The organization still put Handley in charge" -- let's set the record straight.

Parcells said inside the building before SB XXV he was "out of here". A lot of his staff -- including Belichick and Coughlin -- bolted for greener pastures. Ray Handley was one of the fools who hung around, and was promoted to Offensive Coordinator. Parcells kept threatening to quit, but was still there through the draft, and even for ROOKIE MINI CAMP which was somewhere in late May. Far too late to interview new head coaches and for them to bring in a new staff. THEN Bill Parcells quit, leaving the Maras holding the bag. Too late to bring in a new staff. That's when Ray Handley got the job.

What exactly were they supposed to do? They trusted Parcells, and got burned.
    I agree. Parcells is often looked at with Rosey glasses around here and he absolutely did leave the organization in a messy state.

However, that doesn't absolve the organization of not preparing for Parcells departure, especially when he threateneedd to do it repeatedly.

If you wife threatens to leave you in a serious and public manner every day for weeks. Would you be all that surprised to come home 1 day and found her gone?

The organization was screwed for sure but they are partly to blame for it as well because they were warned it would happen and they did not prepare at all.

Nothing. We are 4 time world champions is every era of the game.
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
    Would it be a specific moment that happened ?
    Or?

Would it be signing someone they had no business signing wether it
    Be a coach or a player?

Would it be drafting someone they should have never drafted?

Would it be releasing someone they should have never released ?

Or would it even signing someone they should have but didn't ?

If I could change anything it would be that no call in the NFC wildcard. Game against the 49ers
    Blatant pass interference !!!! How about you guys?
    Chris Carter. Would of made sure he came in for the visit and not let Minny sign him before we talked to him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    I would have never shared a stadium with the Jets.
    I would have our own stadium and it would have a retractable roof.

AND be located in New York!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    However, that doesn't absolve the organization of not preparing for Parcells departure, especially when he threateneedd to do it repeatedly.
    In hindsight, they should have prepared a succession plan -- which is not something they're very good at here. We have let Hall of Fame coaches walk away -- Lombardi, Landry, and Belichick. They would go on to create dynasties for other teams instead of for the Giants; they would win 10 championships for other teams while the Giants had their darkest periods.

I hope they are making preparations now, for when Coughlin hangs it up.

But anyway, perhaps they placed their bets on Parcells bluffing. Do you think if they offered the job to Belichick he would have taken it, or do you think he would have been loyal to Parcells? Do you think they should have fired Parcells (a 2x SB winner) instead of waiting for him to quit?

You know how loyal Wellington was, I'm guessing he was holding out hope that Parcells would do the right thing, and I'm sure he was supremely disappointed in the way it played out. I'm sure it genuinely hurt him.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 05-02-2014 at 09:24 AM.