+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I would like to go back to the GIANTS logo on the helmet, instead of NY. Historic.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

A few names do it for me:
    #4 Ron Dayne - I still recall yelling at the TV for Shaun Alexander
    #3 Ray Handley
    #2 Cedric Jones
    #1 Dave Brown - The reason no team has used a first rounder on a supplemental pick since. Would've been nice to have that pick and find a productive player rather than this guy.

I'd also like to throw in the Jarrod Bunch selection in 1991. Used a 1st rounder on Rodney Hampton just the year before, why another RB. With Sims clearly brittle and Hos not sturdy, why not draft a young QB to be groomed for a few seasons, like maybe Bret Favre who was taken a few picks later? Of course if we draft Favre we don't use the pick for Brown.
    Last edited by ToneZak; 05-02-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
    GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I would like to go back to the GIANTS logo on the helmet, instead of NY. Historic.
    You realize they went to the NY logo because it was historic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    You realize they went to the NY logo because it was historic, right?

Yeah, but I still like the GIANTS logo.....
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

I remember this draft as a kid and liking what I heard about Jonathan Ogden. I would have had someone put a gun to the head of Ravens/Browns office and go "If you draft Ogden, I'll blow your brains out."

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    Yeah, but I still like the GIANTS logo.....
    I would like to see it as the throwback/alternate, sure

The worst move the giants ever made was not drafting Reggie White when they had the chance. Imagine having Reggie on the left side and LT on the right... QB's would have faked sick not to play against the giants.

if I were to change one thing out the past it would be to have Allie Sherman take the nutcracker drill out of his practices and that way Tucker Frederickson would not have ruined his knee and we would have had a superstar RB for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG 5 View Post
    Super Bowl XXXV: choose to kick off to the Ravens instead of receiving to start the game
    Wow, I've always thought that as well.

Veteran
    DAVE BROWN-QB, 1992 supplemental draft, cost us a #1 pick the next year, the heir apparent to Phil Sims, we blew 12 years trying to find a franchise QB till Eli. This guy was HORRIBLE!, Throw in Ray Handley as a coach as #2, what a League joke he was, never to be heard from again, that's how highly thought of he was...