+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Superbowl XXXV. This game was pretty embarrassing. Giants would have been undefeated in 5 Superbowl's.
    agreed, this is what i would change

All-Pro
    Plax. They where a great team that season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I agree with you on losing that game, but not the Junkin signing. Just losing that game is what I'd change. I can't put the blame on Junkin alone (far from it) b/c the game NEVER should have been close to begin with, and the penaly on the 49ers was never called. We were a hot team at that point and the ones with the best chance to beat Tampa (not that we would have).

An honorable mention goes to the Flipper Anderson game -- losing that game hurt and even Parcells said that that was the best Giants team that he ever coached.
    I re-watched the game recently on NFL Network......Junkin was mis-snapping the ball all game long and one led to another missed FG earlier in the 4th Qtr.
    He should have been pulled after the 3rd bad snap......the 4th was the killer. Fassel signed his own pink slip by picking that guy up a week before we played SFO. The guy we had snapping it though a rookie was doing a fine job.........a classic case of if it anit broke don't fix it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dsd28 View Post
    agreed, this is what i would change
    That game turned when the Refs called back a pick six by us........I'm sorry we did nothing wrong on that play......the fix was in.

I would have hired Belichick instead of Ray Handley.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I re-watched the game recently on NFL Network......Junkin was mis-snapping the ball all game long and one led to another missed FG earlier in the 4th Qtr.
    He should have been pulled after the 3rd bad snap......the 4th was the killer. Fassel signed his own pink slip by picking that guy up a week before we played SFO. The guy we had snapping it though a rookie was doing a fine job.........a classic case of if it anit broke don't fix it
    And you can go on and on about Junkin all you want, they blew a 38 - 14 lead in the middle of the third quarter. Pretty sure Junkin wasn't on the field for that.

And the same goes for Matt Dodge and that Philly collapse.

It shouldn't have come down to that one play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    I would have hired Belichick instead of Ray Handley.
    Bingo.
    Although, after 55 years there are a lot of regrets, beginning with the hiring of Allie. We had Lombardi and Landry in-house, and we ended up with Allie Sherman?

Banned
    I would have kept Belichick and made him HC and this probably would've kept LT around too.

I would also change SB XXXV. That game was an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I would have had Joe P take a knee instead of trying to hand off to Larry Czonka. Of course had that play not gone the way it did, we may never have hired George Young, who was responsible for drafting Phil Simms, so take this as you will.
    and brought us Bill P eventually as well
    yeah, that one sucked

the Junkin goof ...I railed at the moon for 3 hours after that

"my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that hangs over Indiana (or in this case Phoenix, AZ) to this very day"

the Eagles have gotten us more than once
    Pasarcik
    Randall (several times)
    Mamba (that was, just...effed)

but I hate the Niners more than any other franchise, and that 24 point lead evaporating ...the way it did

ugh
    Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun.

Banned
    Id really like it if Plax hadnt shot himself.