+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Id really like it if Plax hadnt shot himself.
    This is definitely top 3 for me. The Giants were cruising and might have made another Superbowl appearance but their number 1 WR decides to bring a loaded gun into a NYC nightclub. What a complete moron but at least he shot himself and not someone else.

It would have taken an act of God to reverse the outcome of SB 35.

With the gift of Captain Hindsight, what I would have changed:

-->Don't trade for Eli in 2004. Offer a trade down to a QB needy team for the Rivers pick (Pittsburgh in this example, the QB they wanted was Rivers but they settled on Ben), getting their 2005 first rounder in the process.
    -->Roll with Kurt Warner the entire year and keep him after the season.
    -->Draft Aaron Rodgers in 2005 with the first rounder that we have now that it wasn't traded to SD.
    -->Draft Roddy White or Heath Miller (depending on where the pick was that we got from Pittsburgh was).
    -->Warner (still on the team) wins SB XLII, avenging his own loss to Tom Brady, and retires after that season alongside Strahan after acquiring his second ring. Strahan wins the MVP.
    -->Rodgers takes over as starting QB in 2008, and is able to defeat the Eagles in the divisional round despite the loss of Plaxico (Remember, we have an extra receiving weapon and don't necessarily have to make Hixon shoulder the entire load), and defeats the Rivers-led Steelers in the Super Bowl.
    -->Side note: Eli wins a SB with the Chargers in 2009, defeating the Jets, Steelers, and his older brother on his way to facing the Saints, where he wins because he's not a choker in big games like his brother.
    -->Rodgers doesn't let Philly take over the end of the game in 2010. Matt Dodge is never put into the situation he was in. We also crush the Matt Flynn-led Packers the following week, leading to 12-4 and the #2 seed. Crush the Seahawks, beat the Falcons, and then pummel the Rivers-led Steelers again.
    -->2011, Rodgers doesn't have all the gaudy comeback stats that Eli has, but he still is able to win the division at 9-7, They beat the Falcons, the 11-5 Detroit Lions, and the 49ers on the way to the Super Bowl against Brady, and *****-slap his *** in a rout.
    -->Rodgers now has 3 rings with the Giants, having beaten Rivers (twice) and Brady for them, cementing his status as a legend. The Giants now have 7 Lombardis as a team, good for the most championships in the Super Bowl Era. Football overtakes Baseball as THE sport in the New York area, and the Giants replace the Yankees as the team that fans around the country get butthurt about.

I can dream. I like Eli, don't get me wrong, but imagining the greatest QB playing today in blue is just beyond phenominal.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It would have taken an act of God to reverse the outcome of SB 35.

With the gift of Captain Hindsight, what I would have changed:

-->Don't trade for Eli in 2004. Offer a trade down to a QB needy team for the Rivers pick (Pittsburgh in this example, the QB they wanted was Rivers but they settled on Ben), getting their 2005 first rounder in the process.
    -->Roll with Kurt Warner the entire year and keep him after the season.
    -->Draft Aaron Rodgers in 2005 with the first rounder that we have now that it wasn't traded to SD.
    -->Draft Roddy White or Heath Miller (depending on where the pick was that we got from Pittsburgh was).
    -->Warner (still on the team) wins SB XLII, avenging his own loss to Tom Brady, and retires after that season alongside Strahan after acquiring his second ring. Strahan wins the MVP.
    -->Rodgers takes over as starting QB in 2008, and is able to defeat the Eagles in the divisional round despite the loss of Plaxico (Remember, we have an extra receiving weapon and don't necessarily have to make Hixon shoulder the entire load), and defeats the Rivers-led Steelers in the Super Bowl.
    -->Side note: Eli wins a SB with the Chargers in 2009, defeating the Jets, Steelers, and his older brother on his way to facing the Saints, where he wins because he's not a choker in big games like his brother.
    -->Rodgers doesn't let Philly take over the end of the game in 2010. Matt Dodge is never put into the situation he was in. We also crush the Matt Flynn-led Packers the following week, leading to 12-4 and the #2 seed. Crush the Seahawks, beat the Falcons, and then pummel the Rivers-led Steelers again.
    -->2011, Rodgers doesn't have all the gaudy comeback stats that Eli has, but he still is able to win the division at 9-7, They beat the Falcons, the 11-5 Detroit Lions, and the 49ers on the way to the Super Bowl against Brady, and *****-slap his *** in a rout.
    -->Rodgers now has 3 rings with the Giants, having beaten Rivers (twice) and Brady for them, cementing his status as a legend. The Giants now have 7 Lombardis as a team, good for the most championships in the Super Bowl Era. Football overtakes Baseball as THE sport in the New York area, and the Giants replace the Yankees as the team that fans around the country get butthurt about.

I can dream. I like Eli, don't get me wrong, but imagining the greatest QB playing today in blue is just beyond phenominal.
    This is one thought provoking, impressive post.
    Now that all the boats are burned, it's hockey season.

getting destroyed by Baltimore in the superbowl...5-0 looks so much better.

#1A Letting Vince Lombardi go to the Packers.

#1B Letting Tom Landry go to the Cowboys (Texans)

#2 Letting Bill Belichick go to Cleveland.

#3 Letting Tom Coughlin go to Boston College

(#2 and #3 are part of the Ray Handley Error, probably the dumbest decision George Young ever made).
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-28-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    An honorable mention goes to the Flipper Anderson game -- losing that game hurt and even Parcells said that that was the best Giants team that he ever coached.
    Didn't he run straight into the locker room after crossing the goal line, without slowing down or even looking back? That was sooooo weird and shocking, never saw anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Didn't he run straight into the locker room after crossing the goal line, without slowing down or even looking back? That was sooooo weird and shocking, never saw anything like it.
    I remember my dad, my brother, and I just sat there staring at the TV in complete silence for maybe a minute.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
    Would it be a specific moment that happened ?
    Or?

Would it be signing someone they had no business signing wether it
    Be a coach or a player?

Would it be drafting someone they should have never drafted?

Would it be releasing someone they should have never released ?

Or would it even signing someone they should have but didn't ?

If I could change anything it would be that no call in the NFC wildcard. Game against the 49ers
    Blatant pass interference !!!! How about you guys?
    In roughly this order, I'll go:

Losing the SB to the Ravens;
    Meltdown at the Meadowlands;
    and even though I didn't witness it,
    Miracle at the Meadowlands.

It was a horrible showing against that Ravens team in the SB, but we knew ahead of time that defense was one of the best ever.

Moving to New Jersey.