+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    posting threads like this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Without a doubt, 2nd place is not even close. I'd take that Superbowl win and deal with the miracles at the meadowlands all the time.
    SB XXXV was the worst loss. Any other loss is way lower on the misery ladder.

I would have gone for it on 4th and short In OT against the Colts in the "Greatest Game Ever Played" (according to Sports Illustrated). Even if we had gotten stopped (and Gifford had just made 7 yards on a left sweep, so we should have been able to get a yard or two), that would have been better than watching the D collapse helplessly after the maddening give-up punt.

I was there. We would have made it.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That is a perfect re-write. Does Landetta's get to keep the money he pocketed from selling playoff tickets? The only reason I ask is because if he does I will pass the hat for him.

Go Blue!!
    I remember thinking... hasn't he got family and friends that he would want to have those tix?
    Yes, we need to pass the hat for him.
    The whiff in Chicago was one of the worst plays in our history. The only solace is that, from the right angle, you really can see that the wind moved the ball. A punters worst nightmare>
    That missed punt plus the Carpenter unforced fumble (kind of a tradeoff with Jerry Rice's unforced fumble at the Meadowlands)) were the difference in that game.

Bench Player
    How about taking Reggie White rather than Gary Zimmerman in the 1984 supplemental draft?

Superbowl XXXV
    Both Meadowland Miracle ( Nightmare ) Losses to the Eagles
    Not choosing Reggie White
    Letting BBelichik go
    Have Joe P take a knee
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post

and have Joe P take a knee
    Joe P. not taking the knee was one of the best things that every happened to the franchise. It lead to total housecleaning/rebuilding, and most importantly the hiring of George Young.

Quote Originally Posted by schloss22 View Post
    How about taking Reggie White rather than Gary Zimmerman in the 1984 supplemental draft?
    That is definitely right up there on this list. Imagine LT and Reggie White on the same team in their primes.
    Burn the boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    That is definitely right up there on this list. Imagine LT and Reggie White on the same team in their primes.
    That would have been insane. The Giants could of won most games by scoring 3 pts

Quote Originally Posted by schloss22 View Post
    Oh Lord! Was that really an option for us and why have I never heard that?

If you answer the first question, I'll work on the second one.
    No one remembers who came in second.