+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I would fix the dynasty that never was... Championship games in 1956, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963... Highlighted by the crushing loss to the Colts in 1958. Only won one championship in 1956. And when that team was broken up we lost Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry and had 30 years of misery.

Fix 1958, and win more championships in that window, the franchise's history would be quite different.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

So many things, but I will just roll with one. Tell Burress to get rid of his guns and stay his *** home with his family. The 2008 giants had the potential to be one of the best teams in franchise history.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    If I could change only one thing in the Giants' history it would be the Meltdown At the Meadowlands against the Eagles in 2010. Taking their foot off the Eagles' throat doomed them in that game.
    No, never. First miracle - we fire coaching staff, bring in George Young, draft Phil Simms. Second miracle, we win SB the next year -- FINISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    This is a no brainer.

Give a fantastic retirement package to Head Coach Jim Lee Howell in 1957.
    +1 0000000000

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    George was aided and abetted by Bill, who gave Ray a ringing endorsement as he shut the door behind him. Bill laughed all the way home. And, truly, there's not even a number 2 bad decision by Young that is even close.

Bill's britches got too big for him too soon, before Young was ready to retire.

Oh, yeah, bad decision #2 was letting Belichick get away. That was a biggy, too.
    I give credit to Young for building the team, but he deserves criticism for it's decline post-Parcells.

Young and Parcells had a clash of egos, and Parcells deserves his share of blame for that as well. He created alot of turmoil when he abruptly resigned, but from what I remember it was a health decision.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Let Belichik go to Cleveland
    Passing Reggie White in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Moving to New Jersey.
    Yeah I sure miss being homeless and playing in baseball stadiums

Veteran
    Ray handley

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Ray handley
    My thoughts exactly.

We hired the guy to be head coach who's job under Parcells was to signal the refs we were going to use a timeout.

This move cost us almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

We hired the guy to be head coach who's job under Parcells was to signal the refs we were going to use a timeout.

This move cost us almost a decade.
    I think the record shows that Parcells let Bellichik get away to strengthen his hand in negotiations with ownership. Then he bolted and left us with Handley. The dropoff after Parcells left made his record here as HC more impressive. It was always about BP as I recall.
    No one remembers who came in second.