+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If there was one thing you could change in big blues history what would it be ?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think the record shows that Parcells let Bellichik get away to strengthen his hand in negotiations with ownership. Then he bolted and left us with Handley. The dropoff after Parcells left made his record here as HC more impressive. It was always about BP as I recall.
    That's true for sure. But the organization still put Handley in charge and this guy was a disaster and it was 1 mistake they spent years trying to fix.

For those who remember Handley's post game interviews, I hope you had a good therapist because they did cause brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    That's true for sure. But the organization still put Handley in charge and this guy was a disaster and it was 1 mistake they spent years trying to fix.

For those who remember Handley's post game interviews, I hope you had a good therapist because they did cause brain damage.
    You are totally rcorrect Blue Santa, I want to blame Parcells but Giants ownership in the end allowed him paint them into a corner.
    they also were the ones who decided to make that incredibly incompetant guy known only here by his initials RH, our coach. It did lead to a dead period in our history.

Sadly, I do remember those post game interviews which should explain me to the rest of you.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post

"The organization still put Handley in charge" -- let's set the record straight.

Parcells said inside the building before SB XXV he was "out of here". A lot of his staff -- including Belichick and Coughlin -- bolted for greener pastures. Ray Handley was one of the fools who hung around, and was promoted to Offensive Coordinator. Parcells kept threatening to quit, but was still there through the draft, and even for ROOKIE MINI CAMP which was somewhere in late May. Far too late to interview new head coaches and for them to bring in a new staff. THEN Bill Parcells quit, leaving the Maras holding the bag. Too late to bring in a new staff. That's when Ray Handley got the job.

What exactly were they supposed to do? They trusted Parcells, and got burned.

Parcells also tried to get out of his contract after 1986 SB to go to Falcons but Pete Rozelle blocked the move

Top things to change for me 2000 SB

Also Plaxico shooting

Derailed our season a;long with injuries to DL

The one thing I would change is Strahan retiring in the 2008 season. I think if he stays, we go on to repeat that year.

This leadership would have helped the team recover from the Plax shooting. His play would have prevented Tuck and Kiwi from breaking down at the end of the year.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I wouldnt change a thing because everything has happened because of the chain of events that occured. You change one thing and its all different.
    You just cant change one thing without it effecting everything else. For better or worse.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I wouldnt change a thing because everything has happened because of the chain of events that occured. You change one thing and its all different.
    You just cant change one thing without it effecting everything else. For better or worse.
    Did you recently watch that 2000 Movie " Frequency" with Dennis Quaid " ???/ LOL.......It was a great movie !
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

I am 46 so although having Lombardi or Landry take over in 1960 would be cool but ling before my time.

Joe p mess is one of my early memories but led
    to better days. Flipper anderson...sb disaster..dodge ...all bad...

Reggie white with LT... would have been glorious

Still think I would change going with handley. I know young bated belicheck but should have happened
    Last edited by SiddFinch1; 04-30-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It would have taken an act of God to reverse the outcome of SB 35.

With the gift of Captain Hindsight, what I would have changed:

-->Don't trade for Eli in 2004. Offer a trade down to a QB needy team for the Rivers pick (Pittsburgh in this example, the QB they wanted was Rivers but they settled on Ben), getting their 2005 first rounder in the process.
    -->Roll with Kurt Warner the entire year and keep him after the season.
    -->Draft Aaron Rodgers in 2005 with the first rounder that we have now that it wasn't traded to SD.
    -->Draft Roddy White or Heath Miller (depending on where the pick was that we got from Pittsburgh was).
    -->Warner (still on the team) wins SB XLII, avenging his own loss to Tom Brady, and retires after that season alongside Strahan after acquiring his second ring. Strahan wins the MVP.
    -->Rodgers takes over as starting QB in 2008, and is able to defeat the Eagles in the divisional round despite the loss of Plaxico (Remember, we have an extra receiving weapon and don't necessarily have to make Hixon shoulder the entire load), and defeats the Rivers-led Steelers in the Super Bowl.
    -->Side note: Eli wins a SB with the Chargers in 2009, defeating the Jets, Steelers, and his older brother on his way to facing the Saints, where he wins because he's not a choker in big games like his brother.
    -->Rodgers doesn't let Philly take over the end of the game in 2010. Matt Dodge is never put into the situation he was in. We also crush the Matt Flynn-led Packers the following week, leading to 12-4 and the #2 seed. Crush the Seahawks, beat the Falcons, and then pummel the Rivers-led Steelers again.
    -->2011, Rodgers doesn't have all the gaudy comeback stats that Eli has, but he still is able to win the division at 9-7, They beat the Falcons, the 11-5 Detroit Lions, and the 49ers on the way to the Super Bowl against Brady, and *****-slap his *** in a rout.
    -->Rodgers now has 3 rings with the Giants, having beaten Rivers (twice) and Brady for them, cementing his status as a legend. The Giants now have 7 Lombardis as a team, good for the most championships in the Super Bowl Era. Football overtakes Baseball as THE sport in the New York area, and the Giants replace the Yankees as the team that fans around the country get butthurt about.

I can dream. I like Eli, don't get me wrong, but imagining the greatest QB playing today in blue is just beyond phenominal.

98 - 88 = Eli

Banned
    Would be nice if that west side stadium was built so the Giants didnt have a messy roomate.

+ Reply to Thread