+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

McAdoo vs. Gilbride Videos and Perry

Gilbride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qxeH4QGrG8

Mcadoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaRC6gzWV4

Ive been on and off the board over the years and been one of the few that liked gilbride and his offense. People called it streak and read principle or run n shoot, but what Gilbride ran was a mix of his run n shoot from his oiler days and Ron Erhardt pass offense which Coughlin learned during his time with the Giants. One team that runs a similar system is the Patriots. It may be different scheme and personnel wise but the basic read and react pass offense the giants ran since 04 the patriots have been doing since parcells was coaching them in the 90’s.

While this offense is not new to the Giants organization, in fact we ran a similar system when fassel was coach, success will come down to Bens play calling and of course the players executing them. This system will be easier for the players once they grasp it, and eli stats should increase from it, but my knock on the west coast system it can get predictable. When teams see enough film it can make an MVP QB or a top 5 offense look average. Yes ben can add wrinkles but there’s only so much a coach can add to keep a defense guessing. The offense will be more progression based, take away the first, second and third read, its check down. The wr and te will not be able to counter based on coverage because as Cruz stated, “the route is the route”. I guess I was hoping ben would add some read and react stuff per his first interview about blending the two systems but based on what cruz and eli is saying it is the packers offense.

Who knows it is still early and the playbook can change but I highly doubt it. Ben probably looked at coughlins/gilbride playbook and said I am not using this terminology and system. Hey, I’m all for change and I think eli and company will benefit statistically from it, but will this offense be enough to counter a Seahawks, Niners and Panthers D?

even watching the progression read segment with the falcons (O.C.) you see how different the giants offense was compared to the other systems.

Fewell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWg4YtRNRI

There are no McAdoo videos, he's never been O.C. before.You're comparing apples to an empty crate.

I don't knock Gilbride's system either, but clearly the Giants' players were no longer capable of executing it so they needed to change it.

how do you have video of McAdoo system when he has never been on OC?

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    There are no McAdoo videos, he's never been O.C. before.You're comparing apples to an empty crate.

lol...the gilbride video wasn't gilbride but was his system shown by a giants coach sean ryan. the packers video was by the packers offensive coordinator where mcadoo was the qb coach.

This game will always be about the Jims and Joes instead of the Xs and Os. Being a TE coach during Aaron Rodgers developmental years and QB coach once he was already and MVP shouldn't buy McAdoo anything more than a chance.

Unless somebody traveled into the future and got some game footage of the Giants' offense under McAdoo how can you compare McAdoo and Gilbride yet?
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Unless somebody traveled into the future and got some game footage of the Giants' offense under McAdoo how can you compare McAdoo and Gilbride yet?
    some of you are denser than a rock. mcadoo didn't invent a new offense, its a west coast offense that's been around before clements and mcarthy were in GB.

the giants new offense will look like the mcarthy offense in GB, it may have a different look and personal packages but, routes, concepts and terminology will be lifted from mcarthy playbook. we didn't hire chip kelly as O.C., and even then he runs a lot of west coast principles in his pass offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post
    some of you are denser than a rock. mcadoo didn't invent a new offense, its a west coast offense that's been around before clements and mcarthy were in GB.

the giants new offense will look like the mcarthy offense in GB, it may have a different look and personal packages but, routes, concepts and terminology will be lifted from mcarthy playbook. we didn't hire chip kelly as O.C., and even then he runs a lot of west coast principles in his pass offense.
    you are extremely misinformed

I will leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    you are extremely misinformed

I will leave it at that
    how so please elaborate.