+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to expect with this offense

Veteran

What to expect with this offense

I expect basics and pound the ball. Kind of the opposite of Killdrive. He only ran when he HAD to.

I am looking forward to seeing Jennings pound the ball on opposing teams to give us a rushing attack, give us more balance on offense and take some pressure and heat off Eli which should cut down on his INT's.

Draft I am hoping we land Lewan and a stud guard in the second and later in the draft a center.

Man smash mouth football !!!

The unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    I expect basics and pound the ball. Kind of the opposite of Killdrive. He only ran when he HAD to.

I am looking forward to seeing Jennings pound the ball on opposing teams to give us a rushing attack, give us more balance on offense and take some pressure and heat off Eli which should cut down on his INT's.

Draft I am hoping we land Lewan and a stud guard in the second and later in the draft a center.

I think 3 Oline draft picks might be just a bit much. We've signed several vets already. There has to be room on the roster for other positions too.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post

I epect the same as well but we MUST draft a O-LINEMAN in the first round to make that ground and pound happen.

I expect it to:

1.....not suck
    2....not have delay of game penalties
    3.... not have to call time outs to avoid delay of game penalties
    4....cut drastically down on picks
    5.....have a very good run game
    6....use the players skills and force a player to work a scheme he doesnt fit
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I expect it to be different
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i think there will be a good mix of run and pass, but we will still pass more than run. not that thats a bad thing or it means anything, that's just how the NFL works nowadays, most teams pass a bit more than they run. id say around a 55 pass to 45 run (which would have been 10th highest run ratio in the NFL last year. Giants were 60/40 infavor of pass last year). i think there will be a lot more shorter routes and a lot more quick passing to WRs like Cruz and Jernigan. I've said this all offseason so i have to stick with it, but i expect the TE to be more heavily involved in the offense. I think the TE will be more of a receiving option than the blocking option we've been accustomed to.

i basically think this will be a whole new offense and not like what any of us are used to seeing. the usage of certain positions will be changing. i also think it will take a few weeks for the Giants to grasp the new offense so we may see it struggle and sputter a bit in the first few weeks of the season

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I expect it to be different
    different good??

different bad??..

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Hopefully, we'll see a faster-paced offense that doesn't lean toward predictable/conservative playcalling more often than not.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Hard to envision smash mouth football with an alleged west coast offense being installed.

+ Reply to Thread