+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to expect with this offense

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    different good??

different bad??..

I reserve that answer until I see WTF it looks like for real
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

You do realize the Giants hold the team record for rushing yards in one season under Gilbride, right? Up until last season, the Packers were pretty inept in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    You do realize the Giants hold the team record for rushing yards in one season under Gilbride, right? Up until last season, the Packers were pretty inept in that category.
    how quickly people forget Jacobs and Ward were BOTH 1000 yard rushers in 2008...when Gilbride was the OC..

More of the same if they don't get the Oline fixed.
    Burn the boats?

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I expect it to:

1.....not suck
    2....not have delay of game penalties
    3.... not have to call time outs to avoid delay of game penalties
    4....cut drastically down on picks
    5.....have a very good run game
    6....use the players skills and force a player to work a scheme he doesnt fit

7. Not going for a Hail Mary when we need a mere two or three yards for a first down.
    8. Maybe something other than the halfback draw on two point conversion attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Hard to envision smash mouth football with an alleged west coast offense being installed.
    I'm just hoping that Coughlin's and McAdoo's ideologies don't clash too much. Maybe they want to do both (adopt the WC short pass philosophy for our passing, but still run people over in the run game), but I can't see that ending well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Hopefully, we'll see a faster-paced offense that doesn't lean toward predictable/conservative playcalling more often than not.
    Thats what I hope for too. What the OP wants makes me cringe. The last thing this team needs to do is go even farther back in time from what Gilbrides offense was.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    More of the same if they don't get the Oline fixed.
    Roswell, the optomist in me says that the OL was SO BAD last year that improvement will be easy. How much improvement? Stay tuned but the addition of Schwarts was big and we upgraded our depth significantly. Beatty, Baas and Snee gave us nothing last year so any replacements at LT and C will be better. We shall see...............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Touchdowns, ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm just hoping that Coughlin's and McAdoo's ideologies don't clash too much. Maybe they want to do both (adopt the WC short pass philosophy for our passing, but still run people over in the run game), but I can't see that ending well...
    Westmouth? Smashcoast? oh boy. I'm starting to swim in it.

+ Reply to Thread