+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What to expect with this offense

An offense that uses its players strengths against opponent's weaknesses. Can adjust to changes in defensive schemes. Mixes up plays so they are unpredictable knowing that the pass can set up the run as well as vice versa. Throws in an occasional surprise play. Reuse plays that work for big gains later in games.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Ill repeat myself AGAIN, since you refuse to answer a very simple question

How do you explain the 49ers? They are smash mouth and west coast.

How do you explain the Jets? They are both

Or the Chiefs?

Or the Broncos of the 90's?

How do you explain Green Bay last year?

Again, you said a team cannot be BOTH west coast and smash mouth.....Those were YOUR WORDS. So if any 1 of these examples fit the criteria of being both then your statement was incorrect.

So please, stop correcting grammar. Stop trying to redefine words, stop trying to give incorrect and overly simple definitions of the west coast system.

Just answer the question? How come there are so many examples of teams that are BOTH smash mouth and west coast if the 2 cannot exist together by definition(again, YOUR words)
    1. You keep offering teams that have had success running the football as the definition of smash mouth, asking me to explain it.
    2. I tell you that it's pointless because smash mouth is an approach, not a set of results.
    3. You deny saying it.
    4. Then you say it again.
    5. Then you ask me to stop correcting your grammar, which I have only done once, and apologized for.

And around you go with your circle of demetia.

I offer you specific definitions of West Coast and Smash Mouth as talking points.

You offer another round of the circle jerk.

I understand now that these terms are old. People, such as yourself, have taken great liberties to redefine them in order to shoehorn them into the current era or meet their particular needs for the day. As the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. I will be changing my definitions on an hourly basis, so try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    1. You keep offering teams that have had success running the football as the definition of smash mouth, asking me to explain it.
    2. I tell you that it's pointless because smash mouth is an approach, not a set of results.
    3. You deny saying it.
    5. Then you ask me to stop correcting your grammar, which I have only done once, and apologized for.

I offer you specific definitions of West Coast and Smash Mouth as talking points.

I understand now that these terms are old. People, such as yourself, have taken great liberties to redefine them in order to shoehorn them into the current era or meet their particular needs for the day. As the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. I will be changing my definitions on an hourly basis, so try and keep up.
    I fail to understand why you believe that those two are mutually exclusive.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    how quickly people forget Jacobs and Ward were BOTH 1000 yard rushers in 2008...when Gilbride was the OC..
    Yup. And you kind of need a decent o-line to do that.

"smash mouth" would refer to the O line and the blocking schemes more than it would any particular RB

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    "smash mouth" would refer to the O line and the blocking schemes more than it would any particular RB
    ....................and especially not our QB!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    3. You deny saying it.

How have I redefined anything I asked a simple question like 5 times that you refuse to answer?

Do you consider the Broncos of the 90's smash mouth?

Do you consider the current 49ers smash mouth?

Do you consider the Jets smash mouth?

I can continue the list, but I already have and you keep ignoring it.

Just answer please and stop trying to turn this onto me.

Your avoidance ofthe question has become comical. Its not a circle jerk because you wont answer a simple question.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-01-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I do agree and almost all of the example I have given are teams use heavy packages including a TE(actually tight to the line) and a fullback in their basic offense. They also employ the same zone blocking scheme that Vince Lombardi used....

That's pretty damn smash mouth if you ask me.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-01-2014 at 10:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread