+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    I expect basics and pound the ball. Kind of the opposite of Killdrive. He only ran when he HAD to.

I am looking forward to seeing Jennings pound the ball on opposing teams to give us a rushing attack, give us more balance on offense and take some pressure and heat off Eli which should cut down on his INT's.

Draft I am hoping we land Lewan and a stud guard in the second and later in the draft a center.

Man smash mouth football !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    Normally I would agree with you but I think they can get by with everything else and their need on the Oline is glaring. I guess they'll pick two Olinemen and look to supplement with a UDFA but if they did pick three and they were the correct three, they would be set up for years.
    Hoping Kiper doesn't blow it for us (top OL dropping to 12)...

After talking to "several NFL clubs," ESPN's Mel Kiper stated Monday that he expects Michigan OT Taylor Lewan to be a top-six pick in May's draft.
    Think what you want about Kiper as a "talent evaluator;" he's one of the most accurate mock drafters in media, posting a top-five cumulative mock score on The Huddle Report over the past five years. Kiper believes Greg Robinson is the No. 1 tackle on most teams' boards, Lewan is No. 2, and Jake Matthews is No. 3. "If he doesn’t go (No. 2 to St. Louis)," Kiper said of Lewan, "he could go to Oakland at five, definitely to Atlanta at six. I don’t think he gets past six." Source: buffalobills.com Apr 28 - 3:37 PM

I'd actually like to see the pace quickened.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I'd actually like to see the pace quickened.
    ......and I am with you. No delay of game penalties is a good start.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I propose a plan:

How about we not suck...like..forever?
    999-0, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ......and I am with you. No delay of game penalties is a good start.
    That would be a wonderful way to kick it off: less mistakes. A more protective front line!

I expect:

"Your route is your route".....less glaring, disastrous mistakes.
    The ball will be released earlier, meaning less pressure to hold blocks.
    The game will be uptempo, so the defense won't be able to freely substitute and jump the snap as the clock clicks down to :00.
    Running backs will be multidimensional weapons.

In short, I expect some improvements, but they'll still need to see dramatic improvement from the line in order to become a top offense.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-29-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Bench Player
    I'm expecting more quick patterns and screen plays, don't think we have the studs outside to count on the big play downfield like we have in years past

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    I expect basics and pound the ball. Kind of the opposite of Killdrive. He only ran when he HAD to.

I am looking forward to seeing Jennings pound the ball on opposing teams to give us a rushing attack, give us more balance on offense and take some pressure and heat off Eli which should cut down on his INT's.

Draft I am hoping we land Lewan and a stud guard in the second and later in the draft a center.

Man smash mouth football !!!

And just when does a team "HAVE" to run the ball?

Nobody knows what to expect, we have to wait and see

I can see a variation of the West Coast offense/Uptempo offense, and smash mouth game. Kinda like the Pack use guys like Eddie Lacy and James Stark. LIke I said before, it'll just be the Pass setting up the Run instead of vice versa..