+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    No delay of game penalties is a good start. If I have already said this I apologize but I am a simple man with simple needs. Get the play in. Get the play off!
    Did we have any delays last year ? LOL !!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think Eli should do well. Depending on how much time he actually misses during OTAs, it might take a few weeks into the season for things to finally come together.
    Agreed... I don't expect too much the first few weeks, not until Eli is more comfortable with the system and the receivers are in synch. Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I am extremely excited !!

seeing Eli in a new system will be very telling
    Amen YA !!!!!! I am excited as well. In addition, to the other coaches having additional QB and RB experience as well. This will definitely help acclimate the entire offense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    Amen YA !!!!!! I am excited as well. In addition, to the other coaches having additional QB and RB experience as well. This will definitely help acclimate the entire offense imo.
    So let's get started already!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Agreed.

With the way Eli prepares he will give himself the best chance to succeed, and if he doesn't well then at least the Giants know what they have (and what their priorities will be) going forward.

Definitely. I think the supposed emphasis on rhythm and tempo versus the old system should benefit Eli. He's always been a streaky passer going back to college. But man when he is on, he's surgical.

getting the play called with a lot more than 2 seconds left on the clock will be a help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    You're confusing smash mouth with running success.
    Yeah, because Frank Gore and Anthony Dixon shouldent be categorized as Smash mouth and neither should Ryan Grant, James Starks, and Eddie Lacy, right? Santaman is right on. Those teams are both smash mouth run game with west coast passing game. Only difference is the pass sets up the run more so then the run setting up the pass.

I'm excited to potentially not have as many delay of game penalties and hopefully average more than 18 ppg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Yeah, because Frank Gore and Anthony Dixon shouldent be categorized as Smash mouth and neither should Ryan Grant, James Starks, and Eddie Lacy, right? Santaman is right on. Those teams are both smash mouth run game with west coast passing game. Only difference is the pass sets up the run more so then the run setting up the pass.
    +1