+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants' QB Competition: Setting The Odds On Who Will Be Eli Manning's Backup

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    anything he did do well or poorly last season is of no value. He got almosy no snaps at all. The decided to give Painter the lions share. We really have zero clue on what Nassib may or may not be.
    I believe the number of snaps he got were performance based. I just hope he gets used to proball and shows drastic improvement. I just think its long odds.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I think Freeman should be the back up.........put a little pressure on Eli, he needs it
    Eli feeling pressure from Josh Freeman to keep his starting job would be like Jerry Vale feeling pressure from William Hung in a singing competition!
    Anything happens to Eli....the season is OVER no matter who the back up is.
    Painter couldn't fill in for Peyton and Freeman couldn't hit the side of a barn!

Freeman was good enough to take TB to the playoffs. Eli couldn't hit the side of a Barden!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Historically, the Giants keep their draft picks for several years before letting them go. Nassib would really have to stink things up this offseason to lose his roster spot. Most likely he remains with the team.
    I agree in principle. If Nassib gets cut it's clearly a sign that he has fallen considerably far from his perceived value. I still never thought we should have gone up to get him in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread