+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omaha and the Mike?

Omaha and the Mike?

Will Eli continue to utter these words on every play?

After all, it's April.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Maybe he'll switch to Green Eighteen

Bench Player
    I wish Eli would take a pay cut to help the team and call out "Oreo Oreo" or "citizens Eco drive" to make it up in endorsement money

"Eat Salad!"

Quote Originally Posted by NetSymptom View Post
    I wish Eli would take a pay cut to help the team and call out "Oreo Oreo" or "citizens Eco drive" to make it up in endorsement money
    Hah, that'd be hilarious. I wonder if that sort of advertising is actually covered by the existing rules...

Banned
    Lincoln Nebraska doesnt get enough recognition

Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.

Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.
    The specific calls are tied to the offense being run, though. New offense could mean new calls. That's what the thread is about.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The specific calls are tied to the offense being run, though. New offense could mean new calls. That's what the thread is about.
    I don't think a new OC should change everything though. If a group/qb is more comfortable with an important call like clock winding down then I feel the call should be left alone. It's been Eli's call for 10 years, probably best to let him be comfortable in that situation

Mike would remain the same because he's just pointing out a specific guy on the other side, its pretty much universal for all qbs

+ Reply to Thread