+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80
  1. #31
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,469
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ........as my new first or last name?

    Ferdinand Jomo is a mouthful. Have you run this by a focus group?
    Isn't a single word name more hip, like Pele or Beyonce or Jomo?
    Jo-Man strikes the right balance methinks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #32
    I think he should call out his alma mata... Ole MIss, Ole Miss hut, hut

  3. #33
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,968
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Where is written that he has to call the mike, "mike."

    What if he simply called the mike, "jomo"? Now that would have a certain ring to it and would be hysterical.
    You're missing the point Jomo. It's clearly a guessing game as to which defensive player is wearing the "mike"...

    "53 has the mike, 53 has the mike"!


    ;-)
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  4. #34
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,968
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    that is because most of the time it was the centers responsibility

    in todays NFL most franchise QBs make protection calls

    Brady, Brees, Ben, Peyton, etc
    As I understand it, it's mostly to tell the running back or full back who to watch and act accordingly, and I presume the center too?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  5. #35
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    As I understand it, it's mostly to tell the running back or full back who to watch and act accordingly, and I presume the center too?
    The Mike will effect the entire blocking scheme.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I'm trying to think back to when first heard a QB identify the Mike, and I really don't remember anyone before Eli. I'm sure Peyton must have been doing it though.
    Guards and centers have only worn microphones since 2011, so the that could be why you never noticed QBs calling it out earlier.

  7. #37
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    Well he has to say mike when he points out which LB is the mike on that play and Omaha lets everyone know hes about to snap when hes short on time. I might be a bit off on Omaha but Im pretty sure thats why he yells those.
    It would be funny if he said, "GO" which is just 1 syllable. It would be quicker.

    If its to remain 3 syllables how about "Go-dad-dy"

    I mean it was hysterical, as other teams realized that "Omaha" meant he was going to snap it soon.

  8. #38
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,117
    Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    It would be funny if he said, "GO" which is just 1 syllable. It would be quicker.

    If its to remain 3 syllables how about "Go-dad-dy"

    I mean it was hysterical, as other teams realized that "Omaha" meant he was going to snap it soon.
    Everyone has always known that that was ONE aspect of the Omaha call. All teams use words/phrases like that. It's not anything new.

  9. #39
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You're missing the point Jomo. It's clearly a guessing game as to which defensive player is wearing the "mike"...

    "53 has the mike, 53 has the mike"!


    ;-)
    53 has the Jomo, 53 has the Jomo

    Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

  10. #40
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Guards and centers have only worn microphones since 2011, so the that could be why you never noticed QBs calling it out earlier.
    Aren't those guys only mic'ed up for the TV broadcast?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts