Under the new offense its "Big Mac with cheese. "

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Why not integrate this with sponsors?

"Coca-Cola"

"Dodge Ram"

"AFLAC"
    **Fan since 1970**

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Umm......he might as well just call it mike. Its not like the defense doesnt know who the MB is
    calling out the "mike" actually has nothing to do with who the MLB is

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    That's cool.

I had no idea who he was - only that he was a Giant great who kept giving me memorabilia through my dad. I think I finally met him in 1972-73. Rosie "displayed" a scar around his massive neck which was the result of his head going through a windshield during an auto accident. My dad told me the EMS workers had a very difficult time at the time of freeing a man of his size.

My neighbors and family turned out (in force) for "RB Day" at our house. We BBQ'd, played volleyball and of course we played one game of (touch) football. Rosie wore cleats. lol. My friend and I picked teams and of course I selected Rosie with my first pick.

I think I was about 10 years old at the time. Rosie played QB for "my" time and at one point had me run a "flag" route about 15 to 20 yards down field. I ran the route and looked back and he's looking me off and then fires a bullet (like no teenager ever had) and the ball hits my hands and then proceeds to smack off my face. lol

No 10 year old ever threw a ball that hard! Good stuff. God bless that man for making me a Giants fan.
    Awesome story Rosey. Your mention of your dad takes me back to that era when Roosevelt was playing. I was too young to know anything beyond my dad's passion as a Giants fan. His enthusiastic description of Brown's physique, physically dominant play and approach to the game was one of my earliest Giants memories, along with listening to home games on the radio with Marty Glickman and Al DeRogatis announcing. One of my earliest recollections on these boards was seeing your avatar and that just brought a nostalgic smile to my face. I am a Giants fan because of my dad.............and I miss him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Awesome story Rosey. Your mention of your dad takes me back to that era when Roosevelt was playing. I was too young to know anything beyond my dad's passion as a Giants fan. His enthusiastic description of Brown's physique, physically dominant play and approach to the game was one of my earliest Giants memories, along with listening to home games on the radio with Marty Glickman and Al DeRogatis announcing. One of my earliest recollections on these boards was seeing your avatar and that just brought a nostalgic smile to my face. I am a Giants fan because of my dad.............and I miss him.
    Rosie loved to "cut block," so he often ended up on the ground. My father used to bust him saying: "you call that blocking?" :-)
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    calling out the "mike" actually has nothing to do with who the MLB is
    So what does it mean?

Who is spying the QB?

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    So what does it mean?

Who is spying the QB?
    it is the player who is the "free man" in the blocking scheme ... so either the center, pass protecting back, or TE need to pick him up should he be not dropping into coverage

in laymens terms ... he is basically the unaccounted for man in the O lines blocking scheme for that particular play.....

sometimes saying....55 is the mike.... is just like saying .... hey FB 55 is your responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    it is the player who is the "free man" in the blocking scheme ... so either the center, pass protecting back, or TE need to pick him up should he be not dropping into coverage

in laymens terms ... he is basically the unaccounted for man in the O lines blocking scheme for that particular play.....

sometimes saying....55 is the mike.... is just like saying .... hey FB 55 is your responsibility
    I've heard that it was Tom Brady who came up with that call.
    Get well soon 80.

Rudy's the mike.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.