+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Omaha and the Mike?

  1. #71
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's "LameTime."
    you made me laugh....

    Dudyy
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #72
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I thought the Mike was always the second "LB" off the weakside (regardless of the player's actual position)? So in other words if a safety steps into the box at the WIL, then the WIL then becomes the Mike.
    the MLB and the "mike" are not always synonymous

    the only time they would be is if the MLB was the actual "free man"

    they are not calling out the position ... they are calling out the man unaccounted for

  3. #73


    This seems right. Is this what you guys are getting at?

  4. #74
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,264
    Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post


    This seems right. Is this what you guys are getting at?
    That would do it. Thanks!
    No one remembers who came in second.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the MLB and the "mike" are not always synonymous

    the only time they would be is if the MLB was the actual "free man"

    they are not calling out the position ... they are calling out the man unaccounted for
    I hope in 100 years I know half as much about football.

  6. #76
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post


    This seems right. Is this what you guys are getting at?
    The first part of the video seems to make sense with how I understood it, the but second part doesn't and seems to be an example of what YA is saying.

    Question I have based on their comments is if the SAM becomes the Mike because of safety pressure on the strong side, who's responsible for a blitzing MLB?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

  7. #77
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The first part of the video seems to make sense with how I understood it, the but second part doesn't and seems to be an example of what YA is saying.

    Question I have based on their comments is if the SAM becomes the Mike because of safety pressure on the strong side, who's responsible for a blitzing MLB?
    what he is saying is exactly what I was saying

    the position of MLB.... the player himself... the man who holds the position of Middle Linebacker..... i snot necessarily going to be the "mike" that is called out for the blocking scheme

  8. #78
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,447
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    what he is saying is exactly what I was saying

    the position of MLB.... the player himself... the man who holds the position of Middle Linebacker..... i snot necessarily going to be the "mike" that is called out for the blocking scheme
    You can snot where ever you like YA but I'm not falling for any of this. ;-)
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

  9. #79
    Who's on first?

  10. #80
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You can snot where ever you like YA but I'm not falling for any of this. ;-)
    my greatest typo yet

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts