+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    I think they were able to succeed based on their late round drafting and the fact that they are paying their starting QB $9 an hour. Once they have to pay the guys that got them there, their depth will suffer and the inevitable injuries will do them in.
    It is a simple plan that works. The tough part is late round draft performance and finding the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson as you say.......for 9 bucks an hour.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The comparison fails. Seahawks acheived greatness. Giants underacheived. More of our players need pay cuts rather than contract extensions.
    ehhhh... ok, no argument from me on that. You got a point. Maybe "Some" instead of "More"... lol

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is a simple plan that works. The tough part is late round draft performance and finding the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson as you say.......for 9 bucks an hour.
    I wouldn't say Russell Wilson is a great QB yet in terms of passing skills. I'd say he's a great game manager. For a third round pick, yes he's exceeded expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I wouldn't say Russell Wilson is a great QB yet in terms of passing skills. I'd say he's a great game manager. For a third round pick, yes he's exceeded expectations.
    I would say that Russell Wilson is a phenomenal value at $9 per hour. He's making about $500k per year compared with the top 8 or 10 QB's who are making closer to $20M per year. That is powerful in terms of who the 'hawks can sign with the rest of the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I would say that Russell Wilson is a phenomenal value at $9 per hour. He's making about $500k per year compared with the top 8 or 10 QB's who are making closer to $20M per year. That is powerful in terms of who the 'hawks can sign with the rest of the $$.
    Of course, don't forget to mention the fact that's he under the rookie-wage salary cap under the current CBA and that'll certainty benefit the rest of the team. It's not like he chosed to play for low QB salary. There's a rhyme and reason for many things.

Banned
    What it says is if you have certain players that are that good you do what it takes to keep them, if you have a great core it'll make your team great for years, everything around them becomes replacable. When you lose good players you have to retool, when you lose core players you have to rebuild.

Idc what their contracts are worth I don't think anyone would see having Sherman (who I think is gonna get more like 15+ per year), Thomas, and Wilson on their team as a problem lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    What it says is if you have certain players that are that good you do what it takes to keep them, if you have a great core it'll make your team great for years, everything around them becomes replacable. When you lose good players you have to retool, when you lose core players you have to rebuild.

Idc what their contracts are worth I don't think anyone would see having Sherman (who I think is gonna get more like 15+ per year), Thomas, and Wilson on their team as a problem lol
    "Great team for years" has yet to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Of course, don't forget to mention the fact that's he under the rookie-wage salary cap under the current CBA and that'll certainty benefit the rest of the team. It's not like he chosed to play for low QB salary. There's a rhyme and reason for many things.
    Of course he is under his rookie contract! That was my original point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The comparison fails. Seahawks acheived greatness. Giants underacheived. More of our players need pay cuts rather than contract extensions.
    This says it all for me.