+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to Bears, Giants, Steelers

Banned
    Aw man this would be so epic

I want to know what our compensation will be for participating. Must not be great, if they keep passing

"Think B4 You Post"

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's a very good question. He has publicly said "over my dead body" so, if he meant that, he could say no and take whatever the consequence is. OR, he could use his considerable pull and convince one or more of his colleagues to volunteer their team(s).

I don't know if it will come to that but I am also not sure John Mara really wants to shovel **** against that tide. The owners, except for him I think, voted for the program. My thinking is that he will work behind the scenes to avoid any public confrontation.
    What I am wondering is .... did the NFL sign something with HBO saying that we don't care about what the NFL teams think, well give you these picks of nfl teams to film... no matter what? I dont know if it was written into the new CBA or what, but it just feels like a breech of privacy. I just want to know where it was written for NFL teams to agree to this?

“The announcement will come when I’m next to my father in Gates of Heaven cemetery.”

John Mara when asked to calculate the distance between the Giants and Hard Knocks

1. I hear this report is false about the final 3.
    2. If it were true and IF the Giants were picked, it would be very "un-Mara" like to refuse to do something the league considers good for the NFL.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    1. I hear this report is false about the final 3.
    2. If it were true and IF the Giants were picked, it would be very "un-Mara" like to refuse to do something the league considers good for the NFL.
    Mr. Mara is much more concerned with what is good for the NY Giants

and Hard Knocks is not one of those things

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Mr. Mara is much more concerned with what is good for the NY Giants

and Hard Knocks is not one of those things
    He sure does seem adamant.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He sure does seem adamant.
    I have spoken to him personally about it just a few months ago when I heard they were going to make it compulsory ... and to paraphrase what he said

it was basically.... no cameras that are not our own will be within these walls. it is just not how we do things here

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Coughlin releasing a player on TV

dude, you win.

And that is so you gmen0820.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I have spoken to him personally about it just a few months ago when I heard they were going to make it compulsory ... and to paraphrase what he said

it was basically.... no cameras that are not our own will be within these walls. it is just not how we do things here
    Which explains why we get so little photographic/video evidence of practices.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread