+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 257

Thread: HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to Bears, Giants, Steelers

  1. #191
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What season did you watch? I have watched almost every season and recall nothing that fits your description of the show.
    Ok, I was being a tad dramatic with the towels and such, to make my point. Shoot me.

    FWIW, I watched a Ravens episode, one from the first Dallas show, one from last year's Bengals, and the Miami one a year before, when Chad Johnson was humiliated even more than he embarrassed himself, due to his head butting of his wife. Nice.
    Last edited by gmen46; 05-01-2014 at 12:58 AM.

  2. #192
    As much as I dont want the giants to be picked, I would still watch it because I'm a fan. Guilty pleasure I guess

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,631
    Is that a hamster size burrito he is stuffing in his face?

  4. #194
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    I said "globally", which means international. And I am one of the "displaced fan in a different state", so, no, I didn't forget that.
    Apologies overlooked that for the premise of your argument.
    Fact is that regardless of who is on there the ratings are gonna spike, even if it was the same team as last year or whatever year last it aired. I only watched two episodes myself, the one with chad ocho and the one where the bengals let go a lineman other than that it didn't strike my interest, but if you put my team on there then I might be tempted to watch. It's those fans the ones like me that will spike that rating.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  5. #195
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Well, THERE's a spike, right there. You got me, Morehead.
    Morehead is a microcosm of America.
    Get well soon 80.

  6. #196
    [QUOTE=Morehead State;1146995]I'm speaking more as a general philosophy. If the owners, through their charter, agree that Hard Knocks is a desired broadcast to promote the league, even if Mr. Mara stood in dissent, doesn't he have an obligation to participate when his turn comes?

    It's like when Jerry Jones said that he would never allow his team to waste a home game on a London game. He could be overruled by the appropriate majority.

    Why is this different?[/QUOTE

    How can the league force a team to appear on Hard Knocks against their will? I thought HBO brought the idea to the NFL and teams needed to get permission from the league to even appear on it. If I'm wrong tell me because I sincerely don't know the particulars.
    It never appeared to me that teams were "taking turns" being on it. I always thought teams interested in being on Hard Knocks submitted their names to HBO for consideration. Seems too random a list of teams that were featured already for them to be taking turns.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 05-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.

  7. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    false

    Sights and Sounds does not go into meeting rooms, classrooms, and coach conferences
    I meant in terms of actually approaching the players while they're working. The Hard Knocks crew tries to stay in the background. But yeah, I fired a bit of a blank with that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    How can the league force a team to appear on Hard Knocks against their will? I thought HBO brought the idea to the NFL and teams needed to get permission from the league to even appear on it. If I'm wrong tell me because I sincerely don't know the particulars.
    It never appeared to me that teams were "taking turns" being on it. I always thought teams interested in being on Hard Knocks submitted their names to HBO for consideration. Seems too random a list of teams that were featured already for them to be taking turns.
    This is the first year with the rule - it was introduced after teams stopped volunteering: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...l-fall-meeting
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-01-2014 at 08:18 AM.

  8. #198
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,785
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Ok, I was being a tad dramatic with the towels and such, to make my point. Shoot me.

    FWIW, I watched a Ravens episode, one from the first Dallas show, one from last year's Bengals, and the Miami one a year before, when Chad Johnson was humiliated even more than he embarrassed himself, due to his head butting of his wife. Nice.
    To each his own I guess.

    I love the show and can't see how any football fan wouldn't.

  9. #199
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    20,151
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    To each his own I guess.

    I love the show and can't see how any football fan wouldn't.
    I watched a season or two

    then when they came to film the Jets I learned that the son of an old friend was in the film crew.... I never went to a shoot obviously .... but I did learn that they would re shoot scenes

    one in particular was a meeting between Rex and Mike T. ....... they shot it and the sun started glaring through the window ... so they had them have the same conversation again.... when they did ..... a light or something fell... so they had them have the same conversation a third time....

    I just can't get down with stuff like that ... I cannot take it seriously

    I also can see Coughlin telling them to go **** themselves when being asked to have the same conversation again

  10. #200
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I watched a season or two

    then when they came to film the Jets I learned that the son of an old friend was in the film crew.... I never went to a shoot obviously .... but I did learn that they would re shoot scenes

    one in particular was a meeting between Rex and Mike T. ....... they shot it and the sun started glaring through the window ... so they had them have the same conversation again.... when they did ..... a light or something fell... so they had them have the same conversation a third time....

    I just can't get down with stuff like that ... I cannot take it seriously

    I also can see Coughlin telling them to go **** themselves when being asked to have the same conversation again
    Well as long as they filmed TC telling them to **** off......that would be great.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts