+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Why would the owners approve a rule that coaches hate if it didn't benefit their franchises?
    Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones..............do you need more examples?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    All the owners didn't, apparently. The only information I can find is that a "plurality" of owners approved. That is 50% +1.
    Well at least 17 owners thought it was a value to their franchise. If the Mara doesn't want to be on Hard Knocks maybe the team he owns should make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones..............do you need more examples?
    As I understand it, the NFL is mandating participation because HBO was having trouble finding teams to volunteer. The contract seems to be between HBO and NFL Films.

The easiest solution then, would be to let the teams who want to participate (those owners voting in favor of the rule) to line up as much as they like and leave the other teams to not participate.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Also there have been 8 seasons of Hard Knocks and 4 of those teams have made the playoffs. Not as much of a distraction as many on here would lead you to believe.

Well at least 17 owners thought it was a value to their franchise. If the Mara doesn't want to be on Hard Knocks maybe the team he owns should make the playoffs.
    I am sure he would love that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

As I understand it, the NFL is mandating participation because HBO was having trouble finding teams to volunteer. The contract seems to be between HBO and NFL Films.

The easiest solution then, would be to let the teams who want to participate (those owners voting in favor of the rule) to line up as much as they like and leave the other teams to not participate.
    So if 17 owners vote for a rule change do only those franchises have to follow said rule?

Sounds like the league took money from HBO in advance and now has to deliver enough of a product to keep HBO at bay. This is actually encouraging to me that the NFL doesn't think this crap is helping the "brand" as in "Cruz" and "Jomo".
    No one remembers who came in second.

So if 17 owners vote for a rule change do only those franchises have to follow said rule?
    Game rules are totally different. I get the majority rules concept, but this really has nothing to do with the game of football, other than to chronicle it.

# 80

The owners are mandating participation they had the opportunity to vote it down.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Sounds like the league took money from HBO in advance and now has to deliver enough of a product to keep HBO at bay. This is actually encouraging to me that the NFL doesn't think this crap is helping the "brand" as in "Cruz" and "Jomo".
    Hang in there, your pot of gold can't be far away.

# 80