+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think we can all agree that we hope the Giants don't end up on this show. But every single one of us would be tuning in if it did end up being the Giants, and anyone here who claims that they wouldn't watch it, just isn't a fan or is just full of ****...
    I could care less one way or the other what they do..... we don't have hbo here and I'm certainly not signing up just for hard knocks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Why would the owners approve a rule that coaches hate if it didn't benefit their franchises?
    Exactly. The owners are concerned with spreading the NFL brand, which means more money, and they don't care how they have to do it. Hard Knocks draws a lot of viewers, both hardcore and casual fans, and that helps to increase the brand. If Hard Knocks wasn't a popular show it's doubtful the majority of owners would have voted to force teams to do it.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Exactly. The owners are concerned with spreading the NFL brand, which means more money, and they don't care how they have to do it. Hard Knocks draws a lot of viewers, both hardcore and casual fans, and that helps to increase the brand. If Hard Knocks wasn't a popular show it's doubtful the majority of owners would have voted to force teams to do it.
    Look....Coaches hate that they have to be available to the press after a game. Should Mr. Mara refuse to allow his coach to do press conferences because he thinks it's a "distraction"?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Maybe its all true YA.

But we would all watch it if it was us. I appreciate the "football purist" attitude. I'm an old school guy myself.
    But it would be great TV for Giants fans.
    not that it would make a difference one way or another .... at all... but I will not be tuned in

Look....Coaches hate that they have to be available to the press after a game. Should Mr. Mara refuse to allow his coach to do press conferences because he thinks it's a "distraction"?
    there is a reason why there is a designated media area... a designated press conference area

there was a time when Well Mara did not allow cameras into the dungeon at the old stadium... he did not believe it was necessary

George Young had to convince Well that it was ok for the media to bring tape recorders into the media room... he did not think that was at all necessary

media meetings happen after and between practices and games ....they are scheduled .... this is 100% a completely different situation

the way John Mara sees it is.... we have our own production team and if we want something filmed and released we will do it ourselves .... and they do .... almost every single day

Joe Scacciaferro and his team do a wonderful job

All-Pro
    I dissent.
    I hope we get the show.
    It would be awesome.
    Its good to see you falling in step with the masses !

While it would be nice to get more in depth and behind the scenes of our favorite team, it really doesn't benefit them in the slightest. The little fanboy in me would love to see how practices and training camps were run within our favorite franchise, but the pride in me would not enjoy us being all the chatter 2-3 months before our first pre-season game.

Not what we need right now, especially with all our FA acquisitions. We need to focus on team building and chemistry moreso than being fancy and funny for HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    there is a reason why there is a designated media area... a designated press conference area

there was a time when Well Mara did not allow cameras into the dungeon at the old stadium... he did not believe it was necessary

George Young had to convince Well that it was ok for the media to bring tape recorders into the media room... he did not think that was at all necessary

media meetings happen after and between practices and games ....they are scheduled .... this is 100% a completely different situation

the way John Mara sees it is.... we have our own production team and if we want something filmed and released we will do it ourselves .... and they do .... almost every single day

Joe Scacciaferro and his team do a wonderful job
    Not sure what exactly you are referring to. Seems to me like we are talking about two different things.
    There are NFL rules on coaches and players being available to the media after games.
    My example is relevant as far as I'm concerned. If John Mara decided that the interests of the Giants are not being served by forcing TC to do post game press conferences, should he refuse to make him available?

The answer, of course is no. There are rules the NFL have that come from the accepted processes they all agreed on. Maybe some owners dissented on the "availability to the press" issue. Should they be exempt from the policy?

The NFL has accepted Hard Knocks, so every team has to pitch in whether they like it or not.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Its good to see you falling in step with the masses !
    Haha!!!!
    You know me well Big B.
    Get well soon 80.

Not sure what exactly you are referring to. Seems to me like we are talking about two different things.
    There are NFL rules on coaches and players being available to the media after games.
    My example is relevant as far as I'm concerned. If John Mara decided that the interests of the Giants are not being served by forcing TC to do post game press conferences, should he refuse to make him available?

The answer, of course is no. There are rules the NFL have that come from the accepted processes they all agreed on. Maybe some owners dissented on the "availability to the press" issue. Should they be exempt from the policy?

The NFL has accepted Hard Knocks, so every team has to pitch in whether they like it or not.
    every team has to pitch in but as a fan we dont have to like it, agree with it, or watch it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch