+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO and the NFL have narrowed down the HARD KNOCKS teams to Bears, Giants, Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Yes.
    Are you sure you weren't watching a different late night HBO show since you claimed to have seen men in showers and what not?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Ever watched a "Sights and Sounds" feature that the Giants have put out? The filming of Hard Knocks would be less invasive than that.

You really should watch the show before attempting to judge it.
    Look, you have your opinion and I have mine. Neither of us is likely to change the other's opinion which is fine with me. I simply can't see how having a TV production crew on site isn't a distraction.

You are talking about what you see, not what it takes to make all of that happen. It's a distraction, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather they didn't participate. If they are forced to, then they'll have to deal with it.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ever watched a "Sights and Sounds" feature that the Giants have put out? The filming of Hard Knocks would be less invasive than that.
    false

Sights and Sounds does not go into meeting rooms, classrooms, and coach conferences

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    Are you sure you weren't watching a different late night HBO show since you claimed to have seen men in showers and what not?
    It was an honest mistake on his part, the show in question isnt hard KNOCKS

What I do realize is that HBO has 93 million subscribers globally. I simply question your claim of any extraordinary "spike" in new subscribers, solely due to the Giants being on a 6 episode show this--or any--summer, as being of any significance to HBO.
    I have HBO. But if I didn't and the Giants were on Hard Knocks. I would subscribe just to watch it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Yes.
    What season did you watch? I have watched almost every season and recall nothing that fits your description of the show.

You really should watch the show before attempting to judge it.
    As I said before, I have watched a handful of episodes over the 8 seasons it was filmed. The "snapping towels" was hyperbole for emphasis. I assumed (wrongly, it appears) that would be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think those who would rather it not happen have anything against the effort or the quality of the product. Speaking only for me, I'd prefer this team, coming off such a horrible season, not have the distraction it brings.
    Bingp.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    you forget international market, displaced fans in different states.
    every year the Super Bowl breaks the spike in viewers to the previous year, why is it hard to believe that depending on which team is on hard knocks the viewing will spike.
    I said "globally", which means international. And I am one of the "displaced fan in a different state", so, no, I didn't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have HBO. But if I didn't and the Giants were on Hard Knocks. I would subscribe just to watch it.
    Well, THERE's a spike, right there. You got me, Morehead.

+ Reply to Thread