+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well as long as they filmed TC telling them to **** off......that would be great.
    actually ... you are absolutely right

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I watched a season or two

then when they came to film the Jets I learned that the son of an old friend was in the film crew.... I never went to a shoot obviously .... but I did learn that they would re shoot scenes

one in particular was a meeting between Rex and Mike T. ....... they shot it and the sun started glaring through the window ... so they had them have the same conversation again.... when they did ..... a light or something fell... so they had them have the same conversation a third time....

I just can't get down with stuff like that ... I cannot take it seriously

I also can see Coughlin telling them to go **** themselves when being asked to have the same conversation again
    Well you seem to have some inside access to the team that most people don't, so I could see how the show (a) wouldn't provide you with any insight that you don't already have; and (b) might not be consistent with what you know from your behind the scenes access.

For those of us who don't have any inside access, though, I think that the show is very interesting. I recognize that the interactions shown on TV are never going to be as natural as interactions that do not go on in front of the cameras, but I still find the show very interesting.

anyone know if you have to sign up for HBO to watch the giants on Hard Knocks, or can you just pay per episode? amazon? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well as long as they filmed TC telling them to **** off......that would be great.
    now that is reality
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    now that is reality
    Did you see how nasty James Harrison was to the Hard Knocks crew? It was pretty funny actually . . . that dude is like Clubber Lang!

All-Pro
    actually ... you are absolutely right
    Agree.

Have a question. Is it true that if a team has a new coach or has been in the playoffs the previous season they can not be chosen?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Did you see how nasty James Harrison was to the Hard Knocks crew? It was pretty funny actually . . . that dude is like Clubber Lang!
    actually never watched one second of hard knocks.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    And that's the core of the debate on this thread. It should not be mandatory.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your premise of hypocrisy. I'm an NFL fan. I'm a Giants fan. For 45 years. Not watching or wanting to watch Hard Knocks--with or without my team in it--does not make me (or anyone else sharing that point of view) a "one dimensional hypocrite".

Not being a creepy fanboy who wants to watch the players in the showers and snapping towels in the locker room does not make me a one dimensional hypocrite.

I'm a fan of the game itself. I like watching (and rooting for) players on my team to make plays. Beyond what the team itself is willing to share with the public, I have no desire to be the fly on the wall that overhears players and coaches in meetings and on the practice field or a player's problems off the field or at home.

Just like the players enjoy having fans but don't really want to be friends with specific fans.

There's a line between being a fan and being a voyeur or a stalker.

Anyone who wants to watch that hyped circus called Hard Knocks, fine. Free country and all that.

I just believe that a team that does not want to participate and subject itself to that narcissistic exercise should not be forced to. I also believe it's curious and telling that so few teams have wanted to do the show that collectively many of those same teams voted to force themselves to do it.

I think, however, it's presumptuous to label any Giants fan who has absolutely no interest in watching the show (even with the Giants) as being a one dimensional hypocrite. If anything IS hypocritical, it is to not like the show and/or not want the Giants to perform in it, but then watch the show because the Giants are in it.
    I guess I meant, even though I agree with you that is should not be mandatory, I would still watch it out of sheer curiosity because of the players, not the show. I didn't mean to call you or anyone a hypocrite, I mentioned that I would feel that way. My apologies.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I guess I meant, even though I agree with you that is should not be mandatory, I would still watch it out of sheer curiosity because of the players, not the show. I didn't mean to call you or anyone a hypocrite, I mentioned that I would feel that way. My apologies.
    Fair enough. Sorry for the explosion. Obviously I feel strongly about the new process regarding forcing teams to participate in something that does nothing to improve teams or p;ayer safety.

I watched a season or two

then when they came to film the Jets I learned that the son of an old friend was in the film crew.... I never went to a shoot obviously .... but I did learn that they would re shoot scenes

one in particular was a meeting between Rex and Mike T. ....... they shot it and the sun started glaring through the window ... so they had them have the same conversation again.... when they did ..... a light or something fell... so they had them have the same conversation a third time....

I just can't get down with stuff like that ... I cannot take it seriously

I also can see Coughlin telling them to go **** themselves when being asked to have the same conversation again
    Ha! I KNEW it!

Kinda like that scene with Bill Hurt in "Broadcast News.