+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I've watched minimal HK with the Jets and I saw players getting cut. I can't imagine these guys allowing that to be aired without their consent as well as compensation. Of course I could be wrong, but I have been on national TV. lol
    As soon as they decide we will know who the lucky team is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    As soon as they decide we will know who the lucky team is.
    Okay Ro, but that has nothing to do with my point about players signing off on being featured.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Okay Ro, but that has nothing to do with my point about players signing off on being featured.
    I don't think that's the case, but I don't have access to any documents that would give us the answer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Players give the league permission to use them in that fashion when they sign their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Players give the league permission to use them in that fashion when they sign their contract.
    They also have no expectation of privacy since teams film practices and everyone else films games.

Turns out their contracts even specify Hard Knocks:

4. PUBLICITY AND NFLPA GROUP LICENSING PROGRAM.

(a) Player hereby grants to Club and the League, separately and together, the
    right and authority to use, and to authorize others to use solely as described below, his
    name, nickname, initials, likeness, image, picture, photograph, animation, persona, auto-
    graph/signature (including facsimiles thereof), voice, biographical information and/or
    any and all other identifying characteristics (collectively, “Publicity Rights”), for any and
    all uses or purposes that publicize and promote NFL Football, the League or any of its
    257 member clubs in any way in any and all media or formats, whether analog, digital or
    other, now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, print, tape, disc,
    computer file, radio, television, motion pictures, other audio-visual and audio works,
    Internet, broadband platforms, mobile platforms, applications, and other distribution
    platforms. Without limiting the foregoing, this grant includes the right to use Player’s
    Publicity Rights for the purpose of publicizing and promoting the following aspects of
    NFL Football, the League and/or any of its member clubs: brands, games, ticket sales,
    game broadcasts and telecasts, programming focused on the NFL, one or more NFL
    clubs and/or their games and events (e.g., coaches shows, highlight based shows such as
    Inside the NFL, behind-the-scenes programming such as Hard Knocks), other NFL-related
    media offerings (e.g., branded content segments featuring NFL game footage and other
    programming enhancements), media distribution platforms (e.g., NFL.com, NFL Mo-
    bile, NFL Network), official events (e.g., NFL Kickoff, NFL Draft), officially sanctioned
    awards programs (e.g., Rookie of the Year), and public service or community oriented
    initiatives (e.g., Play60). For purposes of clarity, the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Turns out their contracts even specify Hard Knocks:
    So there we have it.