+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Maybe John Mara is prepared to accept the consequences. I suppose we should wait to see if the team is picked out of the hat.
    If the Giants are chosen Mara will likely allow it and take one for the team so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Good thing that wasn't his father's attitude when he brought revenue sharing to the league.
    Wellington Mara's attitude was quite different that the way you're describing John Mara's.
    You can't compare the two situations. One was about creating successful league and the other is about a meaningless commercial that will have close to no effect on the league whatsoever.

And revenue sharing resulted in the most successful and profitable league in the history of American sports. Wellington's family is very wealthy because of it. He wasn't "taking one for the team."

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    he doesn't have to fight anyone

John Mara holds more league clout in his pinkie than Roger Goodell

the owners own Goodell.... and the Mara and Rooney family are at the top of that list
    The NFL owners passed the Hard Knocks rule about teams being forced to do the show. That wasn't Goodell.

So, if the owners agreed to that rule about Hard Knocks then Mara and Rooney don't have much choice. The NFL is a brand and Hard Knocks is a popular show. A lot of coaches and teams don't like doing Hard Knocks, but the fact that the majority of owners passed the Hard Knocks rule means they don't care about who doesn't want to do it.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    I just dont think nfl teams want this? It is like they are being forced to do it. Why was Hard Knocks even introduced to the NFL? and why are teams being made to do it? What dotted line nonsense did NFL teams sign?
    Economics rule the world
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The Giants take the business of football very seriously and I can't imagine anyone forcing John Mara's hand here. We're not the Cowboys or the Jets who seek the limelight at the expense of football.

Goodell should take his Hard Knocks and London games and shove them. That being said, I wouldn't mind watching us.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The Giants take the business of football very seriously and I can't imagine anyone forcing John Mara's hand here. We're not the Cowboys or the Jets who seek the limelight at the expense of football.

Goodell should take his Hard Knocks and London games and shove them. That being said, I wouldn't mind watching us.
    It's not Goodell, it's the owners choice, they vote on these things. Why don't people realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    It's not Goodell, it's the owners choice, they vote on these things. Why don't people realize that.
    Exactly at the end of the day these owners are business men and more exposure means more money.

Economics rule the world
    and ensure the League stays in business.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I have spoken to him personally about it just a few months ago when I heard they were going to make it compulsory ... and to paraphrase what he said

it was basically.... no cameras that are not our own will be within these walls. it is just not how we do things here
    Yet another--in a series of many-- reason why I love this particular team.
    Last edited by gmen46; 04-29-2014 at 05:22 PM.

He sure does seem adamant.
    And he feels strongly about it, too.