+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 257
  1. #41
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    48
    Would hate it if the Giants were picked, but then again, get it over with, and move on. Better to do it now when we still have a good core of players on the team, and a no BS coach that won't put up with the cameras if he feels they are getting too close...

  2. #42
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The NFL owners passed the Hard Knocks rule about teams being forced to do the show. That wasn't Goodell.

    So, if the owners agreed to that rule about Hard Knocks then Mara and Rooney don't have much choice. The NFL is a brand and Hard Knocks is a popular show. A lot of coaches and teams don't like doing Hard Knocks, but the fact that the majority of owners passed the Hard Knocks rule means they don't care about who doesn't want to do it.
    Then one of those owners that voted for forcing Hard knocks on every team should ****ing well volunteer, or be forced, to participate. I f Mara was in fact the only owner to vote no, Giants should be the last team to be considered for it.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Then one of those owners that voted for forcing Hard knocks on every team should ****ing well volunteer, or be forced, to participate. I f Mara was in fact the only owner to vote no, Giants should be the last team to be considered for it.
    Screw parity, huh.

  4. #44
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Screw parity, huh.
    What the hell does this have to do with parity? If other owners think forcing all teams to do a TV reality show circus during the most critical part of their off season preparations, at the very least they should be the ones to do it first. Put their money where their mouth is.

    My favorite team putting a superior show on the field when the games count is a hell of a lot more important to me than the team putting on a (good or bad) off season show.

    Not every Giants fan agrees, apparently.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    What the hell does this have to do with parity? If other owners think forcing all teams to do a TV reality show circus during the most critical part of their off season preparations, at the very least they should be the ones to do it first. Put their money where their mouth is.

    My favorite team putting a superior show on the field when the games count is a hell of a lot more important to me than the team putting on a (good or bad) off season show.

    Not every Giants fan agrees, apparently.
    Why should one team get preferential treatment? Same rules for all.

    As for the team putting on a superior show on the field - there is no evidence to suggest that being on the show hurts a team's chances.

  6. #46
    It's not like we are heavy favorites for the Super Bowl and doing hard knocks might cast some evil mojo on us.

    I would prefer we get it over with now --- I myself would watch every minute and I'm surprised the NFL doesn't require more inside access to training camps overall. It's a great show IMO and it's not like we have a bunch of controversy coming into the season.

  7. #47
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobie1 View Post
    Would hate it if the Giants were picked, but then again, get it over with, and move on. Better to do it now when we still have a good core of players on the team, and a no BS coach that won't put up with the cameras if he feels they are getting too close...
    On the other hand, if we dodge the bullet this off season, and make the post season in 2014, we buy at the very least two more years until 2017 before being considered for the show. And if Coughlin retires after the 2016 season, we have at least until 2018 (because of new HC in 2017). Then, who knows? Maybe the multi year contract HBO signed for the show will have expired by then..............yeah, baby!

  8. #48
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,714
    hard knocks is a joke. Hope it stays away from the Giants
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    On the other hand, if we dodge the bullet this off season, and make the post season in 2014, we buy at the very least two more years until 2017 before being considered for the show. And if Coughlin retires after the 2016 season, we have at least until 2018 (because of new HC in 2017). Then, who knows? Maybe the multi year contract HBO signed for the show will have expired by then..............yeah, baby!
    If they appeared on the show they'd get a ten-year exemption.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Then one of those owners that voted for forcing Hard knocks on every team should ****ing well volunteer, or be forced, to participate. I f Mara was in fact the only owner to vote no, Giants should be the last team to be considered for it.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. The owners are all bound by the majority votes, including Mara. A lot of the NFL owners don't care that their own coaches and players don't like being on Hard Knocks, so I doubt they care if Mara doesn't want the Giants on Hard Knocks.
    One of these teams is not like the others


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts