+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What were we and will we be a "true" West Coast Offense??

I saw talk here about McAdoo implementing a West Coast offense, do we know that for sure? If so, then will we be using the quick horizontal pass to set up the run, versus using the run to set up the pass like Killdrive did? Also, this is rather naive, if we were not West Coast Offense before, what were we? Is there a name for the offense Killdrive ran? Is it from the Parcells tree of coaching? Or a nameless "traditional" system?
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

It could be some combination thereof. Teams that are better defending the pass (seattle, dallas) would have gameplans based on power-running, while teams with better front sevens than secondaries (washington, detroit) will get more of a WC treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    Gillbrides offense was called the "Run and Shoot"

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    Gillbrides offense was called the "Run and Shoot"
    HOLY CRAP I knew that, why couldn't I recall it?? Thank you.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    HOLY CRAP I knew that, why couldn't I recall it?? Thank you.
    We weren't running a run and shoot. It was more of an Erhardt/Perkins offense with R&S principles in the passing game.

I'd imagine we'll be running a bit of a hybrid offense again under McAdoo. From the sounds of it the terminology is going to be WCO based, but I'm sure we'll still see Coughlin's fingerprint throughout, too. Should be fun to see how it actually unfolds.

It will be a McAdoo/Coughlin offense.

I don't care what they call it...I'm just excited to see Eli in a different offense.

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I don't care what they call it...I'm just excited to see Eli in an offense.
    There, fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    There, fixed it for you.
    I think you are being over critical of KG's offense. The passing game was elegant and dynamic when everyone was on the same page and the o line was functional. I just hope Mcadoo's offense works.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    We weren't running a run and shoot. It was more of an Erhardt/Perkins offense with R&S principles in the passing game.

I'd imagine we'll be running a bit of a hybrid offense again under McAdoo. From the sounds of it the terminology is going to be WCO based, but I'm sure we'll still see Coughlin's fingerprint throughout, too. Should be fun to see how it actually unfolds.
    They ran a variation of the run and shoot, essentially adding a TE to the mix, but make no mistake about it, the WR routes were based on the run and shoot that KG has been running since the 80's, if not longer. TC also ran a variation of the run and shoot in Jacksonville.

Source
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...