+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What were we and will we be a "true" West Coast Offense??

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I said that the passing game was heavily influenced by the R&S, but was at its base an E-P offense. This article seems to agree with me: Source
    Good article, thanks..and you are correct. I took your comment as suggesting that the Giants ran the same offense as teams like NE. But the primary different between the Giants offense under KG and others that run the EP offense is the streak and read. Others may use it to some degree, but none use it to the extent that KG did.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Good article, thanks..and you are correct. I took your comment as suggesting that the Giants ran the same offense as teams like NE. But the primary different between the Giants offense under KG and others that run the EP offense is the streak and read. Others may use it to some degree, but none use it to the extent that KG did.
    +1

To put it as simple as possible, our old offense was based on the idea of "natural" football. Or in other words they way people played as kids on a playground. It's heavily dependent on what is happening on the field, and by that I mean what everyone is doing on the field. It's a very quick reactionary style.

Is there really a "true" offence of any kind anymore? Everybody employs principles and tactics from every offence that has ever existed up until this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    Is there really a "true" offence of any kind anymore? Everybody employs principles and tactics from every offence that has ever existed up until this point.
    Your right that people burrow from each other, but each recognized "system" does have it roots that makes it different from other systems. They are just different ways of looking at the problem "how do we score points". Like I said our system was based on the idea of a "natural" style, ie the way people play backyard football. This is different then say the system that we are implementing now which has it's original roots in Paul Brown's system, whom Walsh learned from and expanded on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    No, but we have nothing else to talk about, so yes.

If you're talking about last year, then no.
    what a jack! so now they are running a west coast offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I said that the passing game was heavily influenced by the R&S, but was at its base an E-P offense. This article seems to agree with me: Source
    people wonder why we play NE close because the system is very similar, they may not be the same personel package but the read and react is the same. i always remember when neil odonell threw those int to what seemed like to wrong jersey in the SB but he and wr just didn't see the same thing. and who was the OC of the steelers in that SB? Ron Erhardt.

Option Anxiety: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1493--nfl.html

"At times, there are four decisions that a receiver needs to make after the snap the way our offense is, Patriots receivers coach Chad O'Shea told Bedard. "That's one of the advantages of our offense, that we give players a lot of flexibility within the system to take what the defense gives us. And that's definitely something that's unique about our offense."

how can we be run and shoot when Eli isn't mobile? Eli reminds me of phil sims in terms of mobility.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    how can we be run and shoot when Eli isn't mobile? Eli reminds me of phil sims in terms of mobility.
    Quick release.

Quote Originally Posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post
    what a jack! so now they are running a west coast offense.
    May your Perrier water be secretly bottled in Tijuana

+ Reply to Thread