+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I thought it was going to be an indefinite suspension, was definitely not expecting a life ban.
    Also, he is forcing Sterling to sell the team! Other owners have agreed as well.

I'm really proud of this.

The only sad part is, this man (Donald Sterling) has been getting away for so many years with being discriminatory.
    Very true.. I didn't think the punishment would be this severe but I love that it is. There is no room for discrimination in sports or in society as a whole.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I didn't see the press conference.
    What is he banned from doing exactly?
    Banned from being owner, attending all NBA games, banned from some other stuff..i gotta double check.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Very true.. I didn't think the punishment would be this severe but I love that it is. There is no room for discrimination in sports or in society as a whole.
    I wonder if the NBA actually has the legal right to impose the ban as it's being reported and if it actually means he can't "own" the team or merely makes it impossible for him to be involved in the operation of the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I wonder if the NBA actually has the legal right to impose the ban as it's being reported and if it actually means he can't "own" the team or merely makes it impossible for him to be involved in the operation of the team.
    He said something about other owners. Maybe he got their signature or something, he explained it.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Banned from being owner, attending all NBA games, banned from some other stuff..i gotta double check.
    Basically banned from all NBA activities.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    The NBA came up with the hardest punishment possible. No complaints here. There is no room for any of that kind of stuff.
    Close or you hit the bricks

I think Magic Johnson had a lot to do with this ruling.
    He was one of the first to say that he should be banned for life and be forced to sell the team.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm sure that they do. I am just going to believe that the league office did their homework prior to dealing out that punishment. This punishment exceeded by expectations by a few miles.

Basically banned from all NBA activities.
    Like what?
    Can he go to games?
    Get well soon 80.

I think Magic Johnson had a lot to do with this ruling.
    He was one of the first to say that he should be banned for life and be forced to sell the team.
    Magic Johnson is an icon. They absolutely took his words seriously, along with Michael Jordan's, who was the first owner to come out publicly and speak out against Sterling.