+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 228
  1. #11
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    3,235
    Apparently, Sterling's beliefs haven't been a secret to the NBA. They've known about how he is for years and just left him alone. It's going to be hard for the NBA to just sweep Sterling under the rug now since it's out there. But this story definitely brings back memories of Marge Schott for those of us old enough to remember .

    I'll give Doc Rivers and the Clippers players credit for trying to keep their focus on the playoffs. I rarely get surprised about people being racist, sexist, etc anymore, but this Sterling story surprised me. How do you own a team that's dominated by minorities, in a league dominated by minorities, and your girlfriend is a minority and you still can have those stupid beliefs? But the best way for people to let Sterling know how they feel is to refuse to spend a dime on the Clippers as long as he owns the team.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The thread will stay open, but tread very carefully, gentlemen. Threads like this very rarely survive because people dont care about crossing lines. Two posts were deleted already. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt going forward, but any kind of direct/indirect racial statements will be the end of it.
    I appreciate it. I am not even trying to go there. I hope it stays strictly focused on the level of accountability for the Clippers owner.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Apparently, Sterling's beliefs haven't been a secret to the NBA. They've known about how he is for years and just left him alone. It's going to be hard for the NBA to just sweep Sterling under the rug now since it's out there. But this story definitely brings back memories of Marge Schott for those of us old enough to remember .

    I'll give Doc Rivers and the Clippers players credit for trying to keep their focus on the playoffs. I rarely get surprised about people being racist, sexist, etc anymore, but this Sterling story surprised me. How do you own a team that's dominated by minorities, in a league dominated by minorities, and your girlfriend is a minority and you still can have those stupid beliefs? But the best way for people to let Sterling know how they feel is to refuse to spend a dime on the Clippers as long as he owns the team.
    I am personally expecting an indefinite suspension. The only thing I see forcing him out of there is even more serious backlash and some sort of huge protest. I respect and sympathize for doc rivers and his players for having a great team and still staying focused. Things like this make you appreciate the ownership group that the giants have even more.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  4. #14
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I am personally expecting an indefinite suspension. The only thing I see forcing him out of there is even more serious backlash and some sort of huge protest. I respect and sympathize for doc rivers and his players for having a great team and still staying focused. Things like this make you appreciate the ownership group that the giants have even more.
    I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that's followed by him being forced to sale the team, but I'm not holding my breath if it's left up to the NBA. The NBA has been scared to do anything about Sterling for years and they've known how he is. I agree that a serious backlash and protest may be what it takes to force him out and that's going to have to come from NBA players and the public. And that backlash has to include a boycott of the Clippers and all of Sterling's business interests.

    And you're right, it does make you appreciate the type of owners the Giants have.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,635
    Several people said the exact same thing I did in my original response yet mine was the only one deleated

    Unbelievable

  6. #16
    The clippers players are obviously affected by all of this drama as they came out flat and are down big. The players union is not going to let thIs thing go away quietly. Several owners, including Michael Jordan, have come out and spoken against this kind of conduct. This drama is sad because it has totally overshadowed arguably the best first round of playoff basketball in recent memory.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  7. #17
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    The clippers players are obviously affected by all of this drama as they came out flat and are down big. The players union is not going to let thIs thing go away quietly. Several owners, including Michael Jordan, have come out and spoken against this kind of conduct. This drama is sad because it has totally overshadowed arguably the best first round of playoff basketball in recent memory.
    Exactly. A part of me hopes Sterling shows up for Game 5 when the Clippers play at home even though his presence would just be a distraction. But I really want to see him react to the boos from the fans and how the players from both teams would treat him.

    Ironically, this whole thing blew up because Sterling's wife is trying to sue the girlfriend for gifts that Sterling gave her by claiming that she embezzled the stuff by taking advantage of an old man. I guess hell really has no fury like a woman scorned. Not that I feel sorry for the mistress. She had no problem being with a racist guy because he was giving her money and gifts.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Exactly. A part of me hopes Sterling shows up for Game 5 when the Clippers play at home even though his presence would just be a distraction. But I really want to see him react to the boos from the fans and how the players from both teams would treat him.

    Ironically, this whole thing blew up because Sterling's wife is trying to sue the girlfriend for gifts that Sterling gave her by claiming that she embezzled the stuff by taking advantage of an old man. I guess hell really has no fury like a woman scorned. Not that I feel sorry for the mistress. She had no problem being with a racist guy because he was giving her money and gifts.
    I saw pictures of the girlfriend on TV and she is extremely good looking. She doesn't look like the type to be with an almost 80 year old man because she loves him. I also heard more of the alleged conversation and became even more sick from the story. Everyone involved, the owner and the girlfriend, have issues. I am feeling an unprecedented punishment coming. Adam silver is pretty much forced to respond to this harshly. If he doesn't it becomes a total league problem and no longer a sterling and clippers problem.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  9. #19
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I saw pictures of the girlfriend on TV and she is extremely good looking. She doesn't look like the type to be with an almost 80 year old man because she loves him. I also heard more of the alleged conversation and became even more sick from the story. Everyone involved, the owner and the girlfriend, have issues. I am feeling an unprecedented punishment coming. Adam silver is pretty much forced to respond to this harshly. If he doesn't it becomes a total league problem and no longer a sterling and clippers problem.
    On one hand, Sterling is telling a half black/half Mexican woman that she shouldn't associate with minorities because people view her as white/Latina, which makes no sense when you see her. And then she's apologizing to him. I was shaking my head listening to that conversation like WTF. They all need to sit down with Dr. Phil.

    And I heard more of that conversation, too. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it did. If Silver or the NBA think that this is going to blow over anytime soon they better think again. I don't think the players union should do anything until the Finals are over. Once the season is done the NBA players from other teams need to make it clear that they won't be stepping foot in the Clippers' arena as long as Sterling owns the team. The Clippers players are under contract, so they may not be able to make that statement.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  10. #20
    Even the legend himself responded.

    http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/2...6pLid%3D469232

    Mr. Sterling's future with the LA Clippers is going to be bad. It's inevitable...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts