+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
    The Rangers will be tough next year!
    10-13

Rangers have a lot of decisions to make. They have a lot of FA's, and I assume will buyout Richards.

I wanted the Rangers to win, but I figured they were done when they blew the leads in the first two games. At least the Rangers didn't get swept.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    The better team won, fair and square.
    No question about that, the better team absolutely won

don't see how luck has anything to do with it, given the Kings absolutely pummeled the Rangers 90% of the time. The only area where the Rangers were not absolutely murdered in was goaltending. But even there they were bested by LA.
    Luck plays a part in nearly all championships and while that was apparent in this one, it was not a deciding factor. The Kings were simply a much more complete team. Too bad you didn't get a chance to see many of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Let's go Devils. I'm not going to lie. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome.
    You should start a devils thread and put that remark there. Wrong place and very distasteful.

This experience will help the Rangers team for next season. If they add a few pieces to the core group I think they can go all the way next season.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 06-14-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Let's go Devils. I'm not going to lie. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome.
    I've always rooted for the Devils or Islanders when they advance and the Rangers don't since I don't really have any reason to hate either team.

It's interesting that - regardless of performance because it historically favors both of those teams over the Rangers, at least in my lifetime - their fans still often behave like the little brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    It's interesting that - regardless of performance because it historically favors both of those teams over the Rangers, at least in my lifetime - their fans still often behave like the little brothers.
    They had their days in the sun. Unfortunately for them, nobody really cares about them. The Islander have been bad for 30 years and play in the worst venue in the NHL, in front of mostly empty seats. Maybe Brooklyn will help. As for the Devils, the Brodeur era is over and they have issues drawing fans too in Newark. They haven't made the playoffs the last couple of years, and their best players left via FA or to play in their native countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I've always rooted for the Devils or Islanders when they advance and the Rangers don't since I don't really have any reason to hate either team.

Because we are the little brothers. It doesn't matter how many cups we win. In fact, we're the red headed step children of the entire NHL. It sucks, but it's also fact. The Rangers are a big market team and their fans suffer from the same big market sense of self entitlement. Their fans remind me very much of Cowboy fans. Devil fans definitely have a "us vs the world" mentality. Heck, our small market team is rumored to be almost bankrupt - despite all the success. Call it the insecurity of being a fan of a team few people care about.

I still cant come up with the right words for how I feel about the Rangers right now..

Its not disappointment.. Its not anger.. Its not happiness or sadness.. Never felt like this after watching my team lose.

Its such a strange feeling.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."