+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe Gilbride is starting to finally get it...just a little

He called a pretty terrible game in the 1st half but what this topic is about it towards the end of the game.

We were not complacent... we were not playing not to lose, we were playing to win. We put our foot on the pedal & never let up. We didn't just run, run, run, run, run to run the clock out. We stayed agressive & stayed with what was working.

He gets props for that but he very well could of lost us the game in the 1st half if our defense wasn't terrific & ATL wasn't pathetic.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: Maybe Gilbride is starting to finally get it...just a little

I've always been easier on gilbride than most because our offense realize it or not always puts a lot of points up on the board, but you're kind of forgetting we WERE running the ball a lot, it's just that Atlanta couldn't stop it.

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I've always been easier on gilbride than most because our offense realize it or not always puts a lot of points up on the board, but you're kind of forgetting we WERE running the ball a lot, it's just that Atlanta couldn't stop it.
    [/quote]

Nope, I didn't forget anything. I'm well aware we were very efficient & effective running the football. Towards the end of the game in the past we would ground out the win aka take the easy way out in theory. We wouldn't play to win but play not to lose. We played to protect the lead.

Instead we kept throwing & WON the game convincingly.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

He has a few head scratchers a game, but what offense doesn't. I really don't dislike him as much as I used to, the players seem to be performing a lot better recently.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I've always been easier on gilbride than most because our offense realize it or not always puts a lot of points up on the board, but you're kind of forgetting we WERE running the ball a lot, it's just that Atlanta couldn't stop it.
    [/quote]

Nope, I didn't forget anything. I'm well aware we were very efficient & effective running the football. Towards the end of the game in the past we would ground out the win aka take the easy way out in theory. We wouldn't play to win but play not to lose. We played to protect the lead.

[/quote]

Threw the ball and got TDs out of it with Nicks and Manningham, I just remember though Jacobs getting a first down running to the outside in the 4th and saying "Atlanta's quit." I think it was right before Manninghams touchdown

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I've always been easier on gilbride than most because our offense realize it or not always puts a lot of points up on the board, but you're kind of forgetting we WERE running the ball a lot, it's just that Atlanta couldn't stop it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Threw the ball and got TDs out of it with Nicks and Manningham, I just remember though Jacobs getting a first down running to the outside in the 4th and saying "Atlanta's quit." I think it was right before Manninghams touchdown
    [/quote]

Haha I did not hear him say that or see clips on that?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]He called a pretty terrible game in the 1st half but what this topic is about it towards the end of the game.

We were not complacent... we were not playing not to lose, we were playing to win. We put our foot on the pedal & never let up. We didn't just run, run, run, run, run to run the clock out. We stayed agressive & stayed with what was working.

He gets props for that but he very well could of lost us the game in the 1st half if our defense wasn't terrific & ATL wasn't pathetic.
    [/quote]The 1st half vs Atlanta was mainly on the offensive line, not really on KG.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]I've always been easier on gilbride than most because our offense realize it or not always puts a lot of points up on the board, but you're kind of forgetting we WERE running the ball a lot, it's just that Atlanta couldn't stop it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha I did not hear him say that or see clips on that?
    [/quote]

Nooo haha he didn't say that, I did.

Enough with KG he called a great game!!!!

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]He called a pretty terrible game in the 1st half but what this topic is about it towards the end of the game.

[/quote]The 1st half vs Atlanta was mainly on the offensive line, not really on KG.[/quote]

Hard to get anythign going when the line isn't getting any push on run plays and is letting Eli get pressured in under 2 seconds.

90% of the time when people ***** about KG what they really need to be doing is *****ing about execution.

I remember after a game not long ago, people were *****ing the we let up and started running the ball too much... I answered if we were picking up 4-7 yards a run instead of 1 or 2 people would be lauding KG's genius. Then for ****s and giggles, I added up how many called runs and passes we had in the third and fourth quarters. We actually passed more in each quarter than ran. Not all that surprisingly, none of the people that were whining that we were running to much had anything to say about that little fact, lol.