Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oline !

Hybrid View

Veteran

Oline !

Imagine

Lewan - Swartz - Walton - Snee - Pugh

Ah I can see it now

backups of course would be Charles brown, John Jerry not bad as both were starters

Thats pretty solid. not to mention I still think we can add guard and Centre in draft and along with Charles and John Jerry that would be a sick oline from starters to backups for the next few years !

any thoughts ? of course Lewan could be gone by 12

where's Beatty?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    where's Beatty?
    He is of course part of the problem and not part of the solution imo.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Can't do anything about it though, plus I think were all writing him off a bit prematurely, he had one very bad season after one very good season

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Can't do anything about it though, plus I think were all writing him off a bit prematurely, he had one very bad season after one very good season
    That is true but you can't just cherry pick the last 2 years and ignore what happened before that. It can be summed up as follows: "very little and often injured in his first 3 years in the league". So we've got one very good season out of five and I say, the front office better not count on a guy with a .200 batting average, coming off a mentally weak season punctuated by a serious injury.

That is true but you can't just cherry pick the last 2 years and ignore what happened before that. It can be summed up as follows: "very little and often injured in his first 3 years in the league". So we've got one very good season out of five and I say, the front office better not count on a guy with a .200 batting average, coming off a mentally weak season punctuated by a serious injury.
    +1

Veteran
    Fair enough but I guess you are also willing to pay Beatty's salary for the life of his contract so the Gaints don't have to take any cap hits or pay him obscene sums of money to warm the bench. When you or someone else with the means does that then talk to me about cutting/benching him in favor of a rookie Left Tackle who'll likely not be Lewan who suddenly may not be available at the 12th spot of this year's draft due to his stock rising rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    We don't really have much a choice, were already stuck dumping all that money into a position, in the midst of that were gonna invest a #12 pick into the same position? Other areas are going to suffer greatly from a mistake like that
    Yup.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 04-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

He is going to surprise you this season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He is going to surprise you this season
    You know my position here...............I always HOPE for the best. However, we had better not be PLANNING on him helping us because the contrary data and evidence on him are too strong imo. With the huge egg he laid last year (and only one good year in the previous 4) I would be skeptical going into this year BEFORE the injury, which aparently was a serious one.
    Last edited by jomo; 04-30-2014 at 03:36 PM.

You know my position here...............I always HOPE for the best. However, we had better not be PLANNING on him helping us because the contrary data and evidence on him are too strong imo. With the huge egg he laid last year (and only one good year in the previous 4) I would be skeptical going into this year BEFORE the injury, which aparently was a serious one.
    fortunately we are picking at the 12 spot this year and will be in a position to correct the mistake made with Beatty and we'll get a good player no matter who is available