http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...d_be_back.html

Excerpt: "Stevie Brown re-signed with the Giants early on in free agency then had a front row seat for one of the most aggressive offseasons in team history.

Brown saw the secondary bolstered with the signings of Quintin Demps, Walter Thurmond and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. It wasn't what he saw coming.

"To a degree, yes (I was surprised)," Brown said. "You have never really heard about the Giants making that many moves but Iím not upset about it. It all looks like itís going to be for the best. As long as we can get in here and talk and gel together, I think weíre going to be a great secondary."

But Brown was glad to be back. The Giants waited out the exclusive rights period, and Brown, who broke out in 2012 with eight interceptions before tearing his ACL in the preseason last year, said he heard enough rumblings from other teams to know he could get a job elsewhere.

He just didn't want to.

"You hear from certain teams that you like, you hear from certain teams you donít like, but all-and-all and I always wanted to be here so whenever we were able to get what we wanted here it was easy to decide," Brown said.

The good news for the Giants is that Brown tore his ACL early enough that his rehab shouldn't railroad the team's offseason plans. Though it usually takes a player more than a year to fully recover, Brown is confident that he can be the same player he was in 2012." Read more...