+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: McAdoo, the young and current vs Gilbride, the old and stubborn = Eli Pro bowl/SB QB

McAdoo, the young and current vs Gilbride, the old and stubborn = Eli Pro bowl/SB QB

Look I appreciate everything Gilbride did for us to win rings. However, it was so apparent that he became stale and predictable. Mara, who is as reserved as you can be even blared to the media that the offense was broken. In post retirement interviews, Killdrives sanctimonious and pompous, and ostensibly stubbornness showed in interviews. Hopefully we have seen the last of the 3rd and 20 draw plays.

McSdoo is part of the young breed and is apparently a workaholic and sharp. Obviously, we have yet to see things happen but we already know the oeuvre of Eli. He's talented, can throw every type of ball, knows how to audible/check, and has all the intangibles you want.

Now if McCoy changing the offense for Rivers in an almost "less is more" fashion that led to a Pro Bowl year, I expect the same results for Eli. Look, Norv Turmer was considered an offensive guru, but look what McCoy did with Rivers? Rivers didn't end with career numbers, but was more efficient and smart, and lead to more success.

I can't wait to see Eli carving the league and especially the division up in McAdoo's offense.

Good stuff.

Prepare for backlash.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Banned
    I always get a bad McAdoo after a couple quarter pounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Good stuff.

Prepare for backlash.
    Totally. I don't give a rat's ***. I'm just optimistic for this offense and this roster. Why I spew some of this **** is beyond me but felt like posting a thread for ****s and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    Totally. I don't give a rat's ***. I'm just optimistic for this offense and this roster. Why I spew some of this **** is beyond me but felt like posting a thread for ****s and giggles.
    I feel ya

I'm looking forward to 2014.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Deja Vu.. If we don't draft a new WR and TE

“Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don't laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions.”

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    lol, I like your optimism.

I don't feel the offense has to be prolific, just cut down on the dang turnovers and we make the playoffs.

I'm excited to see how Eli goes. The offense is an unknown for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    lol, I like your optimism.

I don't feel the offense has to be prolific, just cut down on the dang turnovers and we make the playoffs.
    Yeah man, thanks.

Another thing. Our D might not be loaded with pass rushers as it normally is, but it does have some guys that haven't lived up to their hype yet and are still young - here's to hoping it clicks for us. But besides the quixotic optimism, seriously, our defense hasn't been this well rounded and balanced in years, at least on paper. We actually have some playmaking linebackers and depth in all areas. If we add an Aaron Donald or an Anthony Barr, man it's even more so.

You know what I like especially? Since the media has really I gored our free agency signings - nada one has listed us as one of the free agency "winners" like NE or Denver and has said our schedule is going to make us mince meat, I believe it bOdes well for us.everyone is lauding the Rdskins and DeSean - "watch out, RGIII and DeSean are the team to beat now." "uh oh, weak NFC East, Chip Kelly the mad genius has the Eagles clicking on all cylinders." Blah, blah, blah.

Guess what happens when the media and experts don't even give us a chance?

5 pre-season games minus the injuries will show what we are ready for? by the way...last years teams who had 5 pre season games.. ended up in many injuries... cowboys.. and dolphins

+ Reply to Thread