+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: pre-combine mock

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]That would be an absolutely fantastic draft, however I don't see martin falling that far. He's pretty much a sure fire top fifteen pick.[/quote]

well crap, didnt expect we would be picking so late in the first, lol.

hopefully we are picking at 32.[/quote]

Solution: Replace the OT with Mark Barron (S, Alabama). Prototypical Giants DB.

If we get 4th and 5th round comp picks, package our natural 4th and 5th round picks together and trade for somebody's 3rd, and draft Doug Martin (RB, Boise St.) He's going to be the next Ray Rice/MJD, and he's an electric kick returner (averaged 35 yards per return IIRC, and got a TD on a return in their bowl game this year).

You also need to include an athletic freak diamond in the rough from USF that nobody expects the Giants to pick. That's always important.
    [/quote] doesn't Barron have some coverage issues?

Harris is a bit of a reach in the 3rd there with his size, I wouldn't touch him before the 4th. And Moss is excellent value there but I doubt he lasts that long, I have the 49ers taking him in the 5th. Martin makes sense though.

I would be happy with that draft. It would add depth and give us a young tackle to develop.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="CGYgiant"]

Do you think Martin will fall that far? He seems like a definite top 15 guy. I would love this draft.[/quote]

He could be, OTs always go early.
    That 2nd tier of guys still need to be sorted out over the next couple months. An OT like Zebrie Sanders or Mike Adams could potentially end up as a late 1st round pick for the giants too and have some nice value.[/quote]

Martin and Adams are both strictly OLTs though (which we don't need atm) and I highly doubt Martin is available at #32. Even Adams will probably be gone by then.

Wouldn't Zebrie Sanders make more sense (he's played both and is arguably better at ORT) if we're going OT to replace McKenzie?

I like your pick on Travis Lewis. I'm not sure we go LB that high, but I'd love this pick if we did.

Wouldn't Josh Norman be closer to (and an upgrade at) what the Giants look for in CB over Cliff Harris?

The others I'm still sorting through.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

He was 8th in the country in interceptions and 2nd in the country in passes defended in his first year as a starter. Seems like pretty good coverage. I do seem to recall him playing more like a CB in the Texas/Alabama championship game and getting beat a couple times though. One thing I can say for him is he is responsible for the greatest pass break up I have ever seen.

http://www.kingsofthequad.com/2010/0...rpe-watch.html

If you can find that play in real time, watch it. It was insane.

I would agree that we look at OL in round 1.

[quote user="lawl"]I want a pass catching running back in this draft somewhere in the midrounds[/quote]<font size="2">I actually thought the Giants had that when they drafted Andre Brown (NC State). Wouldn't be surprised if they go back to looking for that type of RB prospect in this years draft. Brown didn't post huge receiving stats, but he had great hands &amp; improved his production in the passing game in each of his 4 seasons. This 2012 RB class is deep and I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants drafted one.</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="lawl"]I want a pass catching running back in this draft somewhere in the midrounds[/quote]<font size="2">I actually thought the Giants had that when they drafted Andre Brown (NC State). Wouldn't be surprised if they go back to looking for that type of RB prospect in this years draft. Brown didn't post huge receiving stats, but he had great hands & improved his production in the passing game in each of his 4 seasons. This 2012 RB class is deep and I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants drafted one.</font>
    [/quote]

This draft actually kind of sucks for RBs.

Some potential projects but not a ton of standouts imo.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)