+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Trade up for Evans/Watkins

Huge drop off in talent at the position after these 2 and we need an X receiver who can be productive from day 1, the raiders are apparently "desperate" to trade down being that they only have 4 picks in the top 200. One of these guys would go a long way in turning our O around, much further than any of the lineman in the draft imo.

Would be losing at least the 2nd round pick to go up to top 5.

No

The Giants have too many holes to fill to give away draft picks this year for any player.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Would be losing at least the 2nd round pick to go up to top 5.
    Yeah I was thinking we could probably get away with giving our 1st and 2nd, and given what one of these guys will do for our O.. I'm for it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The Giants have too many holes to fill to give away draft picks this year for any player.
    Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE (where we can get a starting caliber player in the 3rd), and C (where we can probably bring in a guy who can compete with Walton in the 4th) nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 05-08-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE, and C.. nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
    Well there is no pass rush at all. No linebackers. Still need OL. Another HB and S would be nice for depth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well there is no pass rush at all. No linebackers. Still need OL. Another HB and S would be nice for depth
    Only thing on oline we need is a C to compete with Walton which can be had in the mid rounds, I'm happy with our starting linebackers but we could prob use a backup on the outside (late pick/FA) RBs I think are good but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a late pick/FA to compete with Cox for the 4th spot, safety I wouldn't worry about in the draft. If Hill gets suspended grab a fill-in in FA

Oh and as far as pass rush goes there's not really much to be had in this draft anyway (atleast as far as guys we can get) imo, we just need to rely on JPP bouncing back, and Ayers continuing on the production he had last year, and don't forget Cullen can bring some pressure coming from up the middle
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 05-08-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE (where we can get a starting caliber player in the 3rd), and C (where we can probably bring in a guy who can compete with Walton in the 4th) nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
    I agree about WR, TE and Center. But the Giants also need another Guard or Tackle, a RB as insurance for Wilson, a DE and/or DT, and a Safety.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I agree about WR, TE and Center. But the Giants also need another Guard or Tackle, a RB as insurance for Wilson, a DE and/or DT, and a Safety.
    Most of these I'd rather solve in FA, I mean how many rookies can you count on to play (or even get a second string job with Coughlin as your head coach) I still want us to sign Kevin Williams to round out the DTs, FA/late pick to round out the DEs, we have 4 RBs who can play if you include Wilson (if not I'm fine with Jennings, Hillis, Cox until he's back) I like the depth signings we made on the oline so like I said before I think the only piece were short there is a C and saftey I don't think we should really worry about until hill actually gets suspended, wish we were able to bring Mundy back though