+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zach Martin.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We shouldn't draft Donald because we have Hankins, Jenkins and Kuhn? Ok
    My point exactly.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Ebron or Odell Beckham Jr. i think its too high for Beckham Jr. and Ebron drops too many passes and cant block(yet)

but most of all mosley
    Last edited by nygon3; 05-08-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We shouldn't draft Donald because we have Hankins, Jenkins and Kuhn? Ok
    We shouldn't draft Ebron because we have Adrien Robinson, Kellen Davis, Larry Donnell.

Aaron Donald is in a class by himself in terms of interior pass rushers.. comparing him to someone found in the 2nd or 3rd is pretty stupid

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    We shouldn't draft Ebron because we have Adrien Robinson, Kellen Davis, Larry Donnell.

Aaron Donald is in a class by himself in terms of interior pass rushers.. comparing him to someone found in the 2nd or 3rd is pretty stupid
    What have any of those TE's proved? Robinson has been hurt non stop, Davis has little production, and Donnell has produced basically nothing as well.

Ebron or Donald SHOULD be the pick IMO. Both are game changing players at their respective positions and are very rare talents at their positions. I would be very happy with either player

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

So if Ebron and Donald are on the board you're saying you would take Donald over ebron?

Lewan or Martin.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    What have any of those TE's proved? Robinson has been hurt non stop, Davis has little production, and Donnell has produced basically nothing as well.

Ebron or Donald SHOULD be the pick IMO. Both are game changing players at their respective positions and are very rare talents at their positions. I would be very happy with either player
    That's my point. Hankins is only in his 2nd year, Jenkins is 33, Kuhn is nothing more than a rotational player, so is Patterson.

But there is a bigger drop off in talent at DT then there is in the TE class.

You can get guys like Niklas, ASJ, maybe even Amaro in the 2nd or 3rd round. Donald is in a class by himself in terms of interior pass rushing, he's the best defensive player not named Clowney or Mack.

It really is hard to debate this when someone completely loves a prospect, I really really want Evans, I will argue night and day and find every statistical reasoning to counter any claim against not drafting him, but I know his flaws and I know what he needs to work on and that I cannot deny, if he falls and the giants feel those flaws are to big to pick at 12 then I can understand that and hope they pick the best player. It seems like you are so enamoured with this guy that he has no flaws that you want to admit.

Fact we lost our interior rush with linval
    Fact we have no premier speed/edge rusher
    Fact we don't know how the TE will be utilized in this new scheme
    Opinion the drop off in talent is minimal within 2 player behind Hebron, but the next best thing after Donald has an injury history, then its black hole after him.

Ebron was asked to block I think 30% of his snaps were inline and he was not! Good at it
    He does! Have focus drops, you quote his huge catch radius and athleticisim from sports science, then every should of drop 1-4 balls due to passer error. Oh I watched the tape.

I just don't see it and people gave talked about him non stop on here that's annoying now, just ready for this draft to be over whether hr is the pick or not

Out of the possible guys mocked to us Ebron is the one I like the least.

But honestly I trust Reese on 1st rounders. Whoever he picks will be a good player for us.