+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Veteran

Re: Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Spizi"]Coby Fleener has been rising up the draft boards lately. Who do you guys like between Allen and Fleener. While Allen looks to be more like 6'3, Fleener is a HUGE target at 6'6 and has really good straight line speed. I'd be happy with either one honestly.[/quote]

I think Allen is never going to be an inline TE, Fleener at least theoretically has the frame to grow into an inline guy.[/quote]

I do not agree. Allen is listed at 6'4 255 and he is very strong already . I agree he doesnt have the room to add much wieght to his frame as much as Fleener, but* that is also because he is much stronger than Fleener as they stand right now. I'd be happy with either player, I like em both. But unless the Tigers are lieing in their media book about his size(wouldnt be the 1st time) he has pretty ideal size tp be an in line TE.

We wont really know until the combine when we get the real numbers on these guys measurable as far as whether or not they truly possess the size their college teams say they do.

[/quote]

I do think they're lying about Allen's height. He looks more like 6'3 at best.

Bench Player

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Spizi"]Coby Fleener has been rising up the draft boards lately. Who do you guys like between Allen and Fleener. While Allen looks to be more like 6'3, Fleener is a HUGE target at 6'6 and has really good straight line speed. I'd be happy with either one honestly.[/quote]

I think Allen is never going to be an inline TE, Fleener at least theoretically has the frame to grow into an inline guy.[/quote]

I do not agree. Allen is listed at 6'4 255 and he is very strong already . I agree he doesnt have the room to add much wieght to his frame as much as Fleener, but* that is also because he is much stronger than Fleener as they stand right now. I'd be happy with either player, I like em both. But unless the Tigers are lieing in their media book about his size(wouldnt be the 1st time) he has pretty ideal size tp be an in line TE.

We wont really know until the combine when we get the real numbers on these guys measurable as far as whether or not they truly possess the size their college teams say they do.

[/quote]

I do think they're lying about Allen's height. He looks more like 6'3.[/quote]

vernon davis is 6'3.
    allen was primarily an inline te at clemson.
    less so for fleener- a former wr who had one concussion already.

Veteran

[quote user="deekay7685"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Spizi"]Coby Fleener has been rising up the draft boards lately. Who do you guys like between Allen and Fleener. While Allen looks to be more like 6'3, Fleener is a HUGE target at 6'6 and has really good straight line speed. I'd be happy with either one honestly.[/quote]

[/quote]

I do think they're lying about Allen's height. He looks more like 6'3.[/quote]

vernon davis is 6'3.
    allen was primarily an inline te at clemson.
    less so for fleener- a former wr who had one concussion already.[/quote]

He also runs a 4.3... you can't compare the 2

Veteran

also, obviously height doesn't matter at the end of the day if yre a good player. The thing about Gronk is that not only is he 6'6, but he also has 36" arms and 10.75" hands. He simply can box out any player in the league with that length.

[quote user="Spizi"]also, obviously height doesn't matter at the end of the day if yre a good player. The thing about Gronk is that not only is he 6'6, but he also has 36" arms and 10.75" hands. He simply can box out any player in the league with that length.[/quote]I read today they Gronk failed the Colts pre draft Physical and was removed from there board.Supposedly has back issues they didnt think he would last long

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]We have alot of needs, Id rather look at a LB or OT in round one.* Zach Brown or Maybe Z. Sanders or even Mike Adams.* KMack is old, Boley is still good but aging.* There are some decent TEs in this draft that could be gotten in the 2nd or 3rd round.*[/quote]

Ive been really looking at Mike Adams. Comparable size wise to McKenzie. Moves really well for a guy his size, especially if we are going to be playing him at RT.

Really dont have much interest in zach brown.[/quote]I really believe they will pick Mike Adams if he is there. He will test pretty well could see him going a lot higher then people are projecting

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="slipknottin"]Gotta throw out Coby Fleener here too. Reminds me more of Gronk than Allen does.[/quote]

Fleener would be an acceptable late 2nd, but I'm not really sold on him in the 1st. It just doesn't look like he would scare anybody the way Gronk/Gates/Graham/Davis does. More like a more-athletic Boss to me.

(not that that's a bad thing. Fleener could be a good pairing with Ballard)

...does USF have a TE in the draft?

Edit: George Bryan (NC State) and David Paulson (Oregon) could both be mid-later round possibilities, or possibly even risers if they have solid combines/workouts.

Bryan in particular could jump. Everything I've seen about him says he's not only a solid blocker, but he's got hands like glue... The only real knock on him (apart from playing for NC State) is that he's slow. if he can turn in a respectable 40, he could be a steal.*
    [/quote] Ya George Bryan's stock dropped because of this past season** but that had more to do with the loss of Russell Wilson who had a good repoire with Bryan ..* THe new State* QB(glennon)* didn't really gel with Bryan all that well** it seemed.*** If u get George Bryan* in RD 4 or 5** you got yourself a steal..* I think he'll do wonders with a good throwing QB like Eli..** I like that Temple kid* Evan Rodriguez** and* i'd take a gamble on Brian Linthicum outta michigan st as well in the mid to late rounds**** if we wait on picking a* TE
    [/quote]George Bryan will probably go undrafted from what Ive heard. A lot of people think he may switch to OT because he just cant run at all. I think it was Bunting said he may run a 5.2 40