+ Reply to Thread

Gonna give this mock draft thing a try.....

Please be merciful, I have never posted a mock draft, and I do not really follow college closely to ascertain talent/potential. Here goes.....letn the flaming begin!!

1) Andre Branch DE - Honestly it would not surprise me......we don't know Osi's future, and I think it's time for Tolly to move on

2) George IIoka FS - second best safety in the draft.....nuff said. Grant will most likely retire, we don't know how or if Jones will pan out

3) Brandon Mosley OT - don't know a thing about him, but it looked like he would be around for this pick, and I know we need O line

4) Michael Egnew TE - Ballard and Beckum on PUP, plus I don't think we keep Beckum, he hasn't done much

5) Jeff Fuller WR - I really feel we will lose Mario. Also Devin will be FA, and I think we will part ways with Hixon due to his injuries......

6) Brandon Bolden RB - We need RB....seriously. Jacobs could be gone.....and AB is always banged up

7) Marcel Jones OT - Some people on here have clamored for 2 O line picks, so I am catering to them!

I have no idea where the comp picks would fall so.......

Veteran

Re: Gonna give this mock draft thing a try.....

Damn it!!

I doubt we go DE 1st round. At this point other than drafting a P/K I pretty much trust the FO is doing the right thing.

There is no way we draft yet another DE in the first round. Tolly is a effort, high energy type of player that every team needs.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]There is no way we draft yet another DE in the first round. Tolly is a effort, high energy type of player that every team needs.[/quote]

What if he is BPA? And why not.......our WHOLE defensive scheme is based around pass rush.......

All-Pro

Don't be surprised if they do grab a DE. They love pass rushers and who knows what will happen with Osi.

Just rethinking this.......I would go back and maybe change the 6th pick from RB to CB.......because we don't know if we resign Ross or T2.

All-Pro

im not a big mock draft guy, b/c well it's pure speculation and i esp. hate posters doing them during the season, when far greater matters are at hand

now having said that ... maybe ESPN should do a game, where you select your favorite team and try to guess all the picks

if you win, then you get a Mel Kiper wig ! ... i guess it wouldnt work though b/c of draft day trades, etc., but still could be interesting

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Please be merciful, I have never posted a mock draft, and I do not really follow college closely to ascertain talent/potential. Here goes.....letn the flaming begin!!

1) Andre Branch DE - Honestly it would not surprise me......we don't know Osi's future, and I think it's time for Tolly to move on

2) George IIoka FS - second best safety in the draft.....nuff said. Grant will most likely retire, we don't know how or if Jones will pan out

3) Brandon Mosley OT - don't know a thing about him, but it looked like he would be around for this pick, and I know we need O line

4) Michael Egnew TE - Ballard and Beckum on PUP, plus I don't think we keep Beckum, he hasn't done much

5) Jeff Fuller WR - I really feel we will lose Mario. Also Devin will be FA, and I think we will part ways with Hixon due to his injuries......

6) Brandon Bolden RB - We need RB....seriously. Jacobs could be gone.....and AB is always banged up

7) Marcel Jones OT - Some people on here have clamored for 2 O line picks, so I am catering to them!

I have no idea where the comp picks would fall so.......[/quote]

I looked hard at Andre Branch but I don't think the Giants go for him. While they like their pass rushers, they really need them to be athletic freaks to take them in the first day (Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, etc ...). Branch isn't of that mold. Worse, he lacks strength and isn't the elite type of pass rusher you hope for in a DE. He's good... but not in the area of good that normally catches the Giants' eyes in the first round (imo).

I do see where we would draft a DE in the first round again from a roster standpoint. Who knows what happens with Osi and Tolly is most likely gone in free agency leaving us vulnerable to needing a DE (and not being able to afford quality in free agency).

I had Iloka and Mosely in those spots as well. I like them both a lot (although some people are really iffy on Iloka (no idea why ... he's an athletic marvel)).

Michal Egnew is a decent pick there. I might have gone with Ladarius Green in the 4th if he's available there (faster and better receiver and neither is particularly great at blocking). I like his size a lot but a tad slow. But a solid pick here and somebody I could see the Giants drafting.

I like Fuller in the 5th. Great size and good speed. Maybe not as elusive as I'd like but he can work on his moves since this is a depth pick.

Again solid pick at #6. Good back who can catch out of the backfield. Has the potential to be a power back (think a slightly smaller version of BJGE). The only things that alarm me are hesitation and injury.

With Brandon Mosley in the 3rd, we don't need another Oline pick (we do have plenty of Oline candidates). Also Marcel Jones has back issues ... a HUGE red flag in over sized OTs (6-6 330 yowza!). But #7 is #7 (the Dodge pick).

Very solid mock (but I'm horrible at evaluating college talent *grin*)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Please be merciful, I have never posted a mock draft, and I do not really follow college closely to ascertain talent/potential. Here goes.....letn the flaming begin!!

I looked hard at Andre Branch but I don't think the Giants go for him. While they like their pass rushers, they really need them to be athletic freaks to take them in the first day (Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, etc ...). Branch isn't of that mold. Worse, he lacks strength and isn't the elite type of pass rusher you hope for in a DE. He's good... but not in the area of good that normally catches the Giants' eyes in the first round (imo).

I do see where we would draft a DE in the first round again from a roster standpoint. Who knows what happens with Osi and Tolly is most likely gone in free agency leaving us vulnerable to needing a DE (and not being able to afford quality in free agency).

I had Iloka and Mosely in those spots as well. I like them both a lot (although some people are really iffy on Iloka (no idea why ... he's an athletic marvel)).

Michal Egnew is a decent pick there. I might have gone with Ladarius Green in the 4th if he's available there (faster and better receiver and neither is particularly great at blocking). I like his size a lot but a tad slow. But a solid pick here and somebody I could see the Giants drafting.

I like Fuller in the 5th. Great size and good speed. Maybe not as elusive as I'd like but he can work on his moves since this is a depth pick.

Again solid pick at #6. Good back who can catch out of the backfield. Has the potential to be a power back (think a slightly smaller version of BJGE). The only things that alarm me are hesitation and injury.

With Brandon Mosley in the 3rd, we don't need another Oline pick (we do have plenty of Oline candidates). Also Marcel Jones has back issues ... a HUGE red flag in over sized OTs (6-6 330 yowza!). But #7 is #7 (the Dodge pick).

Very solid mock (but I'm horrible at evaluating college talent *grin*)[/quote]

Thanks for the fair shake! Honestly for the 1st pick I would love to grab either Mark Barron or Mohamed Sanu.......but i don't think either will be there for us. Also with the TE pick, I saw Green there...but he is undersized for TE....6'6 and just 237lbs? Thats more like a big WR than a TE to me. If not DE in the 1st round, what would you pick?

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Please be merciful, I have never posted a mock draft, and I do not really follow college closely to ascertain talent/potential. Here goes.....letn the flaming begin!!

Very solid mock (but I'm horrible at evaluating college talent *grin*)[/quote]

Thanks for the fair shake! Honestly for the 1st pick I would love to grab either Mark Barron or Mohamed Sanu.......but i don't think either will be there for us. Also with the TE pick, I saw Green there...but he is undersized for TE....6'6 and just 237lbs? Thats more like a big WR than a TE to me. If not DE in the 1st round, what would you pick?[/quote]

6'6 237 is not undersized for a TE prospect. You can always fatten him up . The height gives him the nice frame for that. He's also one of the fastest TEs in this draft.

I'm thinking Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener in the first. We need the play making TE to replace Beckum/Ballard and one of those two will most likely be BPA when we pick (matches BPA and need nicely). I prefer Coby Fleener (that would obviously change your lower pick at TE).

If Sanu, Barron and Fleener were available at our first pick, I think I'd shoot myself with indecision (but I'd probably go Barron).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)