+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 3 Round Mock

Veteran

My 3 Round Mock

RD1- Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson
    Allen is an all-around stud TE prospect. He makes some really spectacular catches and has the speed and athleticism to make plays when the ball is in his hands. He is also a very solid runblocker.

RD2- Jerel Worthy, DT MSU
    The Giants steal another DT in the 2nd round. I believe Worthy will fall because of his lack of endurance, questions about his motor, and him disappearing in some games. Worthy could develope into an absolute menace and provide some quality depth to the vicious front 4 that the Giants covet all too well.

RD3- Cliff Harris, CB Oregon
    Ballhawk with punt return skills.

Re: My 3 Round Mock

[quote user="Spizi"]RD1- Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson
    Allen is an all-around stud TE prospect. He makes some really spectacular catches and has the speed and athleticism to make plays when the ball is in his hands. He is also a very solid runblocker.

The Giants steal another DT in the 2nd round. I believe Worthy will fall because of his lack of endurance, questions about his motor, and him disappearing in some games. Worthy could develope into an absolute menace and provide some quality depth to the vicious front 4 that the Giants covet all too well.

Ballhawk with punt return skills.[/quote] Dwayne Allen would be a great pick in RD 1 just for the fact when u are picking as late in RD 1 as we are U minds as well get the best at any positon thats left and with the emergence of TE's in this league and the fact teams are getting TOP 10 pick production outta them i don't see it being long before TE's that are really good go earlier and earlier in the drafts.. Worthy would be a nice pickup in RD 2 if hes there all though if we don't go Allen in RD 1 i would not mind seeing Fletcher Cox DT miss st as our 1st rder which would negate Worthy in RD 2.. Cliff Harris is a good looking ballhawk but really light and a head case and all though i like em I like em in RD 4 and see better players being available in RD 3(guys like possibly Bernard Pierce RB Owls/ Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin/ Ryan miller G Colorado/ matt reynolds ot byu/ brandon boykin CB Georgia/ Audie Cole LB Nc St etc) Overall i would be OK with your draft but Cliff Harris in RD 3 with his head case like issues and extremely frail build worries me

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]RD1- Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

Ballhawk with punt return skills.[/quote] Dwayne Allen would be a great pick in RD 1* just for the fact when u are picking as late in RD 1 as we are*** U minds as well get the best at any positon thats left and with the emergence of TE's in this league and the fact teams are getting TOP 10 pick production outta them*** i don't see it being long before TE's that are really good go earlier and earlier in the drafts..** Worthy would be a nice pickup in RD 2* if hes there** all though if we don't go Allen in RD 1** i would not mind seeing Fletcher Cox DT miss st* as our 1st rder which would negate Worthy in RD 2..** Cliff Harris is a good looking ballhawk** but really light and a head case*** and all though i like em** I like em in RD 4 and see better players being available in RD 3(guys like possibly Bernard Pierce RB Owls/ Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin/ Ryan miller G Colorado/ matt reynolds ot byu/ brandon boykin CB Georgia/ Audie Cole LB Nc St etc)**** Overall i would be OK with your draft* but Cliff Harris in RD 3* with his head case like issues and extremely frail build worries me[/quote]

Yea as you can see I didn't put much effort into the 3rd round pick haha. idk enough to really pick a 3rd rounder right now.

I prefer Coby Fleener in the first, but it's really 1 and 1a between him and Allen.

I think we go OT in the second or third round.

Having said that, I can see Worthy falling to the 3rd or even 4th round by the time the Draft roles around and I doubt he's the kind of guy Reese would want (he tends to shy away from the quitters of the league).

Cliff Harris is a 4th round talent and a head case. I don't see us going after this guy unless he falls tremendously. Adding to that is the fact that we should have three starting CBs on the team (CWeb, T2 and Prince), the imperative won't be there. If this guy falls to the 5th or 6th rounds you might see us pick him up as a project (ala how we ended up with Bradshaw).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Bench Player

[quote user="Kruunch"]I prefer Coby Fleener in the first, but it's really 1 and 1a between him and Allen.

I think we go OT in the second or third round.

Having said that, I can see Worthy falling to the 3rd or even 4th round by the time the Draft roles around and I doubt he's the kind of guy Reese would want (he tends to shy away from the quitters of the league).

Cliff Harris is a 4th round talent and a head case. I don't see us going after this guy unless he falls tremendously. Adding to that is the fact that we should have three starting CBs on the team (CWeb, T2 and Prince), the imperative won't be there. If this guy falls to the 5th or 6th rounds you might see us pick him up as a project (ala how we ended up with Bradshaw).[/quote]

Me, too. I feel as if Fleener is the more complete player of the two, however, the difference between the two is very small. I'd be happy with either.

+ Reply to Thread