+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1561

Thread: ***OFFICIAL DAY 2 DRAFT THREAD***

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Packers get Abbredaris in the 5th and Janis in the 7th. Deep WR class...
    wow the Pack just reload at WR---LOL!!
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im not, it was a pretty terrible TE class.
    The good 1's were all gone by the 2nd round, I still think Grimble can play

Giants announced him as a LB, so... thats a pretty good indication hes going to be a LB.

I dont see Donald or Martin as fitting, I do see this guy fitting.

Just have to look at what guys the giants are bringing in recently. The SAM position is one where they have tried guys like Sintim and Kiwi, Kennard has that kind of skill set.
    Sintim worked about as bad as you could possibly have something work, and Kiwi has spent way more time at DE then he did in his experiment at OLB... We just signed Jameel McClain to play OLB, whos not, I repeat, not a pass rusher in the least bit..

Not to mention, Sintim was a 2nd rd pick and Kiwi a 1st rd pick.. Kennard is just some 6th rd draft pick, who will be lucky to make the team, which I doubt he will do anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Really? I thought Donald would have been a perfect 3t next to Big Hank...
    He would have. He went to St Lou to play next to big Michael Brockers.. Hes built to play the 3tech and dominate it..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Sintim worked about as bad as you could possibly have something work, and Kiwi has spent way more time at DE then he did in his experiment at OLB... We just signed Jameel McClain to play OLB, whos not, I repeat, not a pass rusher in the least bit..

Not to mention, Sintim was a 2nd rd pick and Kiwi a 1st rd pick.. Kennard is just some 6th rd draft pick, who will be lucky to make the team, which I doubt he will do anyways...
    It doesnt matter how Kiwi or SIntim worked out, look at the type of player they were, what skill set they had.

You dont necessarily need a guy with pass rush skill, thats a bonus. But you need a thick bodied guy who can stand at the point of attack against a TE. A guy who can control a TE off the snap.

All i Know is if any one of us built this same draft in the mock threads, anyone who commented would not care for it, or would at least say we could do better.. Probably laugh at the Bromley pick...

Veteran
    We could of had one of the best TE's in the draft, it actually played to our favor with ASJ going off the board first, oh well.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

It doesnt matter how Kiwi or SIntim worked out, look at the type of player they were, what skill set they had.

You dont necessarily need a guy with pass rush skill, thats a bonus. But you need a thick bodied guy who can stand at the point of attack against a TE. A guy who can control a TE off the snap.
    Kennard wont make the team slip.. Sorry to tell yah. Remeber this conversation this summer. hes useless..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kennard wont make the team slip.. Sorry to tell yah. Remeber this conversation this summer. hes useless..
    Ill remember. Of course injuries can change anything, but thats not a talent or fit issue

Beckham - A-
    Richburg - A-
    Bromley - C
    Williams - B+
    Berhe - B
    Kennard - B
    Jackson - B-

I give our overall grade a B/B+. We got two great players in Beckham and Richburg, both of whom can be starters for many years for us. Bromley was a bit of a reach, but having a guy in the DT rotation is a good thing. Williams is not a pass catcher, but he is not supposed to be one; we have Jennings and Wilson for that. Berhe is really a sleeper pick for us; dude reminds me of Will Hill with their play style. Kennard is a talented player who can have a place as a backup SAM LB. Bennett Jackson can play CB or S and do some work on special teams.

I do not know why people expect to get starters with every pick. We got 2 starters in OBJ and Weston. We got at least 2 solid backup players in Bromley and Williams. Berhe can have a big role as a backup if Hill is suspended. Kennard can be a backup SAM LB. Jackson can be a solid ST guy.

There is still the UDFA period and still a bunch of players who are FAs on the market to fill the rest of the roster. People need to chill on thinking we are supposed to get 7 starters. Also, people need to stop looking at draft projections so much. Guys like Nix and Roberson were top 60 picks, and both went much later than expected (with Roberson not even drafted yet) - they fall for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread