Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retracting my Opinion on the Female Sports Reporter

Retracting my Opinion on the Female Sports Reporter

She was interviewed on Today and said she wasn't the one who reported the incident. She tweeted that she was embarrassed by some catcalls in the Jets locker room, and the Association for Women in Sports Media then took it upon themselves to call Woody Johnson and the NFL about the incident. They then ran with the story and made it public. She never took action or contacted anyone about it.

So basically another woman got used by yet another douchy feminist group to push their agenda.

She also said she really wasn't even offended by the incident.

Veteran

Re: Retracting my Opinion on the Female Sports Reporter

Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.

[quote user="shockeyg"]Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.[/quote]

I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says.

That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.

This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '
    T.O. wouldn't talk to the media, but he sure will talk to her (from 07 or 08):

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&feature=player_embedded[/link]

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

All-Pro

[quote user="shockeyg"]Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.[/quote]exactly, don't go blaming the dog when you put the bone right in front of him..

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '

[/quote]

Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="Giantz4Life"]This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '

[/quote] Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.[/quote]</P>

Is there confirmation of this? Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it? Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</P>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at. </P>

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="Giantz4Life"]This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '

[/quote] Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.[/quote]</P>

Is there confirmation of this?* Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it?* Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</P>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at.* </P>[/quote]

Here's the interview on the Today's show. She talks about how she just tweeted being embarrassed, and then the Association of Women in Sports Media took the tweet and called Goodell and asked for an investigation without her permission. The first question she's asked is did she feel harrassed and she said it's a fine line, but no. She said she wouldn't have reported the incident if the Association hadn't called for an investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-269542

What I think she's pathetic for saying is then tweeting "wearing some jeans and boots is not inappropriate" and posting the jeans she wore which show--as the poster above noted--needed a pair of pliers for her a'ss to fit it, and calling that appropriate dress.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd find it strange that a woman's group would do this. A woman's group (I think it was NOW) once took it upon themselves to publicly raise funds for the defense of serial killer Aileen Wurnos.

All-Pro

I love me some Ines

this is a topic for which I could make some statements and come off a little like Clinton did...
    so here goes.

I apologize to the women who read what follows:

Sometimes I look at what some of you ladies wear in public and I think, "she HAS to know that she's going to get attention for wearing that."

Attention as in good or bad.

Today's a good example, a very nice young lady with an "onion" was on the elevator with myself and some other wolves, er, guys. Her blouse had a rather flattering V cut and her pants seemed like she was dipped into a vat of denim.

She thought I was cute because she smiled and spoke a few words to me, and wiggled her walk/strutted right in front of me as we walked outdoors.

Now if i was an ugly dude, like your average eagles fan, she might have been offended and embarrassed by the obvious attention she received because of what she was wearing.

the moral:

The Dime Piece Double Standard rears its head

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&amp;feature=player_embedded[/link]
    [/quote]

i said damn.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Closed Thread