Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Retracting my Opinion on the Female Sports Reporter

Women don't belong in men's locker rooms.

Can I get a job that allows me to head into Anna Kornikova's locker room after the game? I freakin doubt it.

But that being said...no media belongs in any professional sports locker room....period. Way too much access is given to the players these days in hopes of capturing another Ryan Leaf breakdown for the entertainment of bored Americans everywhere. Ridiculous.

Veteran

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"]

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="Giantz4Life"]This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '
    T.O. wouldn't talk to the media, but he sure will talk to her (from 07 or 08):

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&feature=player_embedded[/link]
    [/quote] Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.[/quote]</p>

Is there confirmation of this? Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it? Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</p>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at. </p>[/quote]

Here's the interview on the Today's show. She talks about how she just tweeted being embarrassed, and then the Association of Women in Sports Media took the tweet and called Goodell and asked for an investigation without her permission. The first question she's asked is did she feel harrassed and she said it's a fine line, but no. She said she wouldn't have reported the incident if the Association hadn't called for an investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-269542

What I think she's pathetic for saying is then tweeting "wearing some jeans and boots is not inappropriate" and posting the jeans she wore which show--as the poster above noted--needed a pair of pliers for her a'ss to fit it, and calling that appropriate dress.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd find it strange that a woman's group would do this. A woman's group (I think it was NOW) once took it upon themselves to publicly raise funds for the defense of serial killer Aileen Wurnos.[/quote]

You are one of those guys that thinks women who get raped were asking for it based on what they were wearing, aren't you?

Veteran

[quote user="joeybagadonutz23"]Women don't belong in men's locker rooms.

Can I get a job that allows me to head into Anna Kornikova's locker room after the game? I freakin doubt it.

But that being said...no media belongs in any professional sports locker room....period. Way too much access is given to the players these days in hopes of capturing another Ryan Leaf breakdown for the entertainment of bored Americans everywhere. Ridiculous.
    [/quote]

I agree with you. Noone but players, coaches and staff should be in the locker room.

Veteran

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]this is a topic for which I could make some statements and come off a little like Clinton did...
    so here goes.

I apologize to the women who read what follows:

Sometimes I look at what some of you ladies wear in public and I think, "she HAS to know that she's going to get attention for wearing that."

Attention as in good or bad.

Today's a good example, a very nice young lady with an "onion" was on the elevator with myself and some other wolves, er, guys. Her blouse had a rather flattering V cut and her pants seemed like she was dipped into a vat of denim.

She thought I was cute because she smiled and spoke a few words to me, and wiggled her walk/strutted right in front of me as we walked outdoors.

Now if i was an ugly dude, like your average eagles fan, she might have been offended and embarrassed by the obvious attention she received because of what she was wearing.

the moral:

The Dime Piece Double Standard rears its head

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&amp;feature=player_embedded[/link]
    [/quote]

i said damn.

[/quote]

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear. Sometimes by design, sometimes not. Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that. But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions. It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves. I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.

[quote user="jmike"]

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear. Sometimes by design, sometimes not. Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that. But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions. It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves. I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.
    [/quote]

[:O] <font color="#ff0000">but we're wolves ....</font>

in all seriousness, one can appreciate your beauty and go about it in a way that is PROFESSIONAL, especially in a work environment, and outside that, refrain from making lewd comments, cat-calls etc.

I for one try to make eye contact. Your expression and willingness to flirt tells me all I need to know.

If you look away and appear to want to keep no eye contact? There's no connection. But if I catch you stealing looks or even staring? It's on !!!

with respect JMike , CTLady, JG21, Bleu and the rest of the Ladies on these boards.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

You gotta be kidding me with Inez, the reporter. I could not believe that crap when it came on Monday night before mnf. She is way freaking hot and I would not mind being "interviewed" by her but, cmon with the bull****? She dresses like that, if not even more scantilly, covering nfl teams thru the league. No one should treat a woman in that manner, I would not appreciate my wife receiving that treatment. There is a fine line, in her case the line is more bold and wider, where you need to dress a certain way if you want to be perceived as a professional reporter. What do we expect from the jets?

The entire controversy was bogus, no matter who did the actual complaining, because the strange fact still remains, that female reporters DO go into Pro Athlete locker rooms, while some of said athlets are walking around naked....and there isn't a damn thing normal about that situationl!!!!
    It's not the stupid woman being in the locker room who has the right to feel invaded or uncomfortable...it's the men in that situation who do!
    Is it so "sexist" to assume that some female reporters just happen to LIKE being around strong, naked athletes? If not.......then what the hell is of such urgency, that an interview can't wait until the player is finished and DRESSED?

Veteran

[quote user="bigblue58"]The entire controversy was bogus, no matter who did the actual complaining, because the strange fact still remains, that female reporters DO go into Pro Athlete locker rooms, while some of said athlets are walking around naked....and there isn't a damn thing normal about that situationl!!!!
    It's not the stupid woman being in the locker room who has the right to feel invaded or uncomfortable...it's the men in that situation who do!
    Is it so "sexist" to assume that some female reporters just happen to LIKE being around strong, naked athletes? If not.......then what the hell is of such urgency, that an interview can't wait until the player is finished and DRESSED?

[/quote]

The problem would be that the male reporters were allowed in and that put female sports reporters at a disadvantage in the job market. I don't think any of them belong in there at all. Interviews can be held outside the locker room when everyone is dressed.

[quote user="Jack Robinson"][quote user="shockeyg"]Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.[/quote]

I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says.

That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.[/quote]

Teenage girls try to pull that mess with their parents when they're dressed too provacatively. "its only jeans and a shirt".....gtfohwtbs.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]this is a topic for which I could make some statements and come off a little like Clinton did...
    so here goes.

I apologize to the women who read what follows:

Sometimes I look at what some of you ladies wear in public and I think, "she HAS to know that she's going to get attention for wearing that."

Attention as in good or bad.

Today's a good example, a very nice young lady with an "onion" was on the elevator with myself and some other wolves, er, guys. Her blouse had a rather flattering V cut and her pants seemed like she was dipped into a vat of denim.

She thought I was cute because she smiled and spoke a few words to me, and wiggled her walk/strutted right in front of me as we walked outdoors.

Now if i was an ugly dude, like your average eagles fan, she might have been offended and embarrassed by the obvious attention she received because of what she was wearing.

the moral:

The Dime Piece Double Standard rears its head

[quote user="Giantz4Life"]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&feature=player_embedded[/link]
    [/quote]

i said damn.

[/quote]

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear.* Sometimes by design, sometimes not.* Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that.* But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions.* It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves.* I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.
    [/quote]I think (can be wrong) most woman dress sexy/revealing/provocative to get looks, or see the guys break their necks trying to extend the view, while a few might just do it because they work hard on their body and want to show it off/enjoy it but again its still showing off.

You cannot tell which is which, but if you dont expect to get a comment you are naive. Yet everyone should be able to control their own urges or needs without having a turrets outburst.

Its Naive for woman who dress sexy not to think there might be a comment or action coming (which i dont approve or condone).

Otherwise why dont all woman just where grandma undies without any thongs showing, or a 1 piece bathing suit? Its not for their girlfriends.

I think its a huge double standard. Its like Look at me (if i find you appealing) but dont look (if i dont). I agree 100% that men need to control themselves and its not an excuse, but its not a perfect world, and in turn it should be expected as a worse case scenario, since its not a perfect world.

Its like me going into a dark alley at night where there are drug dealers. I should be aware that I can be in danger if I decide to go their especially at that time, yet hope for the best, but if not be aware and ready to deal with it if need be. Again should i be harassed, mugged, or worse? Of course not but its not a perfect world/scenario.

Not sure if what I am saying is coming out right, but I gave it a try. I guess woman should expect the issues, because its not a perfect world, yet its not an excuse for men or anyone to let loose. Its just an excuse for them, but many cannot control themselves, and should also be held responsible for it without any question, if they do something that breaks the law or affects the said person in a negative way.

I agree with you that neither men nor woman need to be in the locker room right after the game, maybe 30 or 60 minutes when everyone is decent is a different story.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul